Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dviper27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

So I am due for an upgrade at the end of the month (Sprint service) and having a hard time deciding between the G2 and the Moto X. I haven't gotten to the store to play with either of them yet but plan on our this weekend. The G2 is $30 on Amazon and the X is $.01. Both look to be great phones so it's a tough choice.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Can't decide, LG G2 or Moto X

Two great phones. I chose the G2

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Depends on what you are looking for. I can't speak to the G2, but I just got the X and I love it. Battery life is amazing, which was by far my biggest complaint about my s3.

They are kind of distinctive. The LG G2 surely have better hardware, better camera, faster cpu, bigger and higher res screen @ 1080p. It's similar to Samsung Galaxy S4 with all the good stuff, but also suffer from somewhat bloated UI. No microSD though.

The Moto X camera is only passable by today standard, lower res screen @ 720p. It have some unique features that no other phones currently officially support, such as hand free Google Now usage (you can say "Okay Google" even when the screen is off), and Active Display which turn on the screen to show notifications before you have to unlock the phone. Also it is running stock Android so even though it doesn't have as fast hardware, it can still run smoothly. It will definitely receive Android version updates earlier and longer than the LG G2 since Motorola is owned by Google.

For heavy media consumption and taking photos, the G2 is a better choice. They both have decent battery life. The LG G2 probably will have better resale value, but that might not matter if you intend to keep it for the next 2 years.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Yeah I know they are two totally different animals, I have been researching them endlessly for a week now and I will be keeping it for the next 2 years too. I like the active notification feature on the X and that is what keeps drawing me back to it. But the G2 just seems like a beast of a phone. Why does it have to be so hard lol

Last edited by j14woods; 01-09-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j14woods View Post
    Yeah I know they are two totally different animals, I have been researching them endlessly for a will now and I will be keeping it for the next 2 years too. I like the active notification feature on the X and that is what keeps drawing me back to it. But the G2 just seems like a beast of a phone. Why does it have to be so hard lol

You can use an app called " Dynamic Notifications" it's similar to Active notifications. Check it out

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Last edited by ffejjj; 01-10-2014 at 04:55 AM.
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

The battery life on the G2 is exceptional. After disabling bloatware and using Greenify on data hungry apps I now get 7.5-10 hours screen on time.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

G2 will have better specs in every way. The G2 has the funky button placement that not everyone will like, and is polluted with LG's skin. The Moto X will have better features (always on), close to Vanilla Android, and probably much better support for updates, but it's CPU and display and camera are not top of the line.

Which is better depends on what is most important to you.

I have the LG G2 and yeah It has superior specs. It has a better camera, battery and a 1080p screen. I de-bloated a lot of the gimmicky LG apps and greenified (needs root) then installed a custom launcher (first apex, then nova, now Buzz Launcher) and it basically looks like stock android. Oh I installed G2 Xposed to change the horrid buttons to the regular back, home, recent apps buttons.. Only thing I havent changed is the notification drop down since I do like the quick access to rotation, wifi and what not

The moto X, I would say, is much much Smoother than the G2...(even the nexus 4 feels smoother IMO) and it does have active notifications and the always on. the G2 has some cool features too such as Wireless storage (saved me so much hassle) and those camera modes...

I would suggest playing with each of them before buying..
    For me, surprisingly, would choose the Moto X because of the smoothness (and customization) and I prefer a smaller screen that fits better in my small hands... WELL TOO LATE NOW I HAVE A BEAST IN MY HANDS.

Vanilla android, good battery, nice size and feel, all around freaking awesome, is the Moto X. That's just my opinion. I had the LG Optimus G. The big brother of the G Pro and G2. Only saying older brother because it is older. :b I didn't really like it all so much. I'm not a fan of LG's UI they lay over stock android. Vanilla android just looks and feels so much better. Yes, the specs are better for the G2 on paper. But when it comes down to it, they're both great phones. I haven't played with the G2 but I own the Moto X and from my experience of having the G, I would suggest the Moto X.

I love the phone.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

The LG all the way! Far more superior phone.
    Thanks,
    Ziffid
    ffejjj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dviper27 View Post
    The LG all the way! Far more superior phone.
    Thanks,
    Ziffid
    Eh, some would disagree. I believe that the Moto X is an amazing phone.

LG G2.

The Moto-X always on mic is creepy.
    "All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Went to the Sprint store today and played with both phones and I am gonna go with the G2!

Global Posts
    2,410 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by j14woods View Post
    Went to the Sprint store today and played with both phones and I am gonna go with the G2!

Good choice, but you couldn't go wrong either way.

Global Posts
    939 Global Posts

Go with the G2.
    Edit: Just saw that you got the G2, good job. If you want 4.4.2 stock Android on it, visit XDA for it. There are numerous roms that are very stable and daily drivers.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I personally would have recommended the Moto X. But hey, congrats on getting your G2! Hope you enjoy it.

Global Posts
    2,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by nfl46 View Post
    Go with the G2.
    Edit: Just saw that you got the G2, good job. If you want 4.4.2 stock Android on it, visit XDA for it. There are numerous roms that are very stable and daily drivers.
    Yeah, if you buy a G2 you better get used to ROMing it. Because LG is not great with support.