Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Same source that told me about the Sprint Student Offer a week before it came out- there should be more details about this on the 17th.



    Don't be surprised if this 'Merger' has T-Mobile's policies and general business philosophy going forward.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,549 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,824 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Quote Originally Posted by 4ekbrandon View Post
    Same source that told me about the Sprint Student Offer a week before it came out- there should be more details about this on the 17th.



    Don't be surprised if this 'Merger' has T-Mobile's policies and general business philosophy going forward.
    Well, in 6 days, it will be interesting.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. #3  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    3,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Interesting indeed!
    I'm with Sprint so this sounds good, very good to me.

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Interesting indeed!
    I'm with Sprint so this sounds good, very good to me.

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    Give me t mobile unlimited hot spot.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Do not want. We left Softbank/Sprint for reasons. Not interested in the least in returning. I doubt regulators will approve it. I'm hoping this simply means more free money for T-Mobile. I'll be writing the FCC, Justice Dept. and my Federal legislators in opposition to the acquisition of T-Mobile by Softbank to do my part to help ensure that outcome.

    If it happens, anyway, I predict:

    • All, or nearly all, of T-Mobile's "uncarrier" initiatives will be dropped
    • T-Mobile's aggressive, and, unlike Sprint's, successful network upgrades will slow or stop
    • T-Mobile's GSM network will become a poor second cousin to Softbank's CDMA network. There will be little-to-no network expansion


    At which point we'll move to Verizon Wireless.
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    3,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Stoneface View Post
    Do not want. We left Softbank/Sprint for reasons. Not interested in the least in returning. I doubt regulators will approve it. I'm hoping this simply means more free money for T-Mobile. I'll be writing the FCC, Justice Dept. and my Federal legislators in opposition to the acquisition of T-Mobile by Softbank to do my part to help ensure that outcome.

    If it happens, anyway, I predict:

    • All, or nearly all, of T-Mobile's "uncarrier" initiatives will be dropped
    • T-Mobile's aggressive, and, unlike Sprint's, successful network upgrades will slow or stop
    • T-Mobile's GSM network will become a poor second cousin to Softbank's CDMA network. There will be little-to-no network expansion


    At which point we'll move to Verizon Wireless.
    Oh come on! Lets hope for the best ey?
    The best for us, if course! 😆

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  7. #7  
    alexlam24's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    508 Posts

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    T-Mobile was flaming Sprint a couple days ago...

    Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
  8. #8  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    3,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    I guess they figured; why not? We're still two separate companies. 😈

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  9. #9  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    2,671 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    And they should remain as separate companies as well.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    3,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    I guess, so there's more competition. But I really want Sprint to be GSM instead of CDMA.
    Oh well, only time will tell...

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    I'll believe it when I see it
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    It won't happen. Sprint is a horrible company and nothing will make it better.

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Oh come on! Lets hope for the best ey?
    I was with Sprint for fifteen years. I finally gave up "hoping for the best," where Sprint was concerned, this summer. I see nothing out of either Sprint or Softbank to give me cause for hope.

    This is not going to be a "merger," regardless of what they call it. It's going to be Softbank acquiring a controlling interest in T-Mobile. Period. Now: Tell me what you've seen from Softbank to inspire you.

    Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    And they should remain as separate companies as well.
    Yes, they should.

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    I guess, so there's more competition.
    More so that Softbank (let's start calling them who they really are, shall we?) cannot destroy TMO's bold initiatives. What T-Mobile's doing now is revolutionary for the U.S. wireless market. Do not believe, for a New York Heartbeat, that Softbank, Verizon Wireless and "at&t" don't want to see this stopped in its tracks.

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    But I really want Sprint to be GSM instead of CDMA.
    Here's a wild idea: Why don't you just switch to a GSM wireless carrier, then? There are two of them with a national footprint in the U.S., you know.

    Subscriber numbers as of 3Q 2013: Softbank's Sprint: 53M, TMO: 44M (approx. 20% of which is MetroPCS CDMA, btw). Do you honestly believe Softbank is going to buy T-Mobile, then say to themselves "Our new TMO holding is GSM, except for the MetroPCS part, which is CDMA, so let's convert all of our Sprint holdings' sites to GSM, and alienate all our Sprint holdings' customers."

    Seriously?

    Especially given the fact that Japan, whence Softbank is located, is entirely CDMA?

    My "hoping for the best" is hoping that either Softbank abandons this idea or that U.S. regulators shoot it down.
    Last edited by Old Stoneface; 01-12-2014 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Minor edits to correct/improve syntax in a couple places
    cgardnervt likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Not to mention there are a bunch of prepaid services that run on the AT&T or T-mobile networks...

    Straight Talk is one that comes to mind (AT&T)
  15. #15  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    3,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Oh I been planning the move to TMo.
    Unfortunately the coverage I get with Sprint is way better, and the price is also better!

    My contract ends by July 2015, I hope TMo has better coverage by then.
    If the coverage and price are the same as Sprint or better I will jump ship in a heartbeat!

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  16. #16  
    alexlam24's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    508 Posts

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Sprint has the world's worst service reception

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    I guess, so there's more competition. But I really want Sprint to be GSM instead of CDMA.
    Oh well, only time will tell...

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    I'd rather them just go out of business and T-Mobile purchase their spectrum.
  18. #18  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    3,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Quote Originally Posted by alexlam24 View Post
    Sprint has the world's worst service reception

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    Not where I live!
    That's why I'm still with them, and because the price too, of course!

    Several places and towns around here don't have service or have very low voice signal with no data from the other big 3 carriers.

    And since I need the phone for work, I'm not switching just yet, hell no!

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Not where I live!
    That's why I'm still with them, and because the price too, of course!

    Several places and towns around here don't have service or have very low voice signal with no data from the other big 3 carriers.

    And since I need the phone for work, I'm not switching just yet, hell no!

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    What if I told you a company can have isolated pockets where it is the best carrier yet still be the worst on a nation wide scale?
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval



    Let's hope so!
  21. #21  
    alexlam24's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    508 Posts

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Stoneface View Post


    Let's hope so!
    I really don't want a merger. Sprint is like Verizon, but with horrid cell reception and ultra boring stores. The T-Mobile stores can even make grumpy cat grin.

    Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
  22. #22  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    3,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    What if I told you a company can have isolated pockets where it is the best carrier yet still be the worst on a nation wide scale?
    Oh I know that! :sly:
    But calling "isolated pockets"
    All the towns and cities around the capital of NC isn't right.

    I'm not defending Sprint, I would go to the company that offers me the best mix of service and prices. But Sprint is still better then TMo over all.

    I'll most then likely jump ship to T-Mobile if they offer me at least the same price and coverage.
    I'll see them when they get their act together around here.

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Oh I know that! :sly:
    But Sprint is still better then TMo over all.
    I what ways is Sprint better than T-Mobile?
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Oh I know that! :sly:
    But calling "isolated pockets"
    All the towns and cities around the capital of NC isn't right.

    I'm not defending Sprint, I would go to the company that offers me the best mix of service and prices. But Sprint is still better then TMo over all.

    I'll most then likely jump ship to T-Mobile if they offer me at least the same price and coverage.
    I'll see them when they get their act together around here.

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    Both by physical size and population, Sprint could the best in the entire state of NC and it would still be an isolated pocket relative to the rest of the country.
  25. #25  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    3,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: Sprint/Softbank Purchasing T-Mobile pending FCC Approval

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Both by physical size and population, Sprint could the best in the entire state of NC and it would still be an isolated pocket relative to the rest of the country.
    LMAO!
    Oh yea! This is such a small state. :rolleyes:
    The thing is that all along I've been talking about my service with Sprint around here. If you guys didn't get that, well, too bad, not my fault.

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Scheduling text messages with T-Mobile HTC One
    By zophini in forum T-Mobile HTC One
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 07:18 PM
  2. Problems with Sprint service
    By cb2367 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 09:50 PM
  3. T-Mobile In Toledo/NW Ohio?
    By redhawk24 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2014, 07:58 PM
  4. T Mobil Samsung Note 3 Emails won't send
    By joe120857 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 10:54 AM
  5. Mobile Data Trouble on Nexus 5
    By foolishfocus in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2014, 07:40 PM

Posting Permissions

B