Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Well i have been debating on the Nexus 5 for a while. I was going to go for either the Lg G2 or the Sony Xperia Z1 but after some deliberation the Nexus 5 trumped both.

So I now own both the Note 3 and the Nexus 5 and in my mind that is a brilliant combination. The Nexus will be used for work and the Note 3 personal so the latter being my daily driver.

So what is your combination (if any)?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Nexus 5 & Note 3 combination

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Duncan View Post
    Well i have been debating on the Nexus 5 for a while. I was going to go for either the Lg G2 or the Sony Xperia Z1 but after some deliberation the Nexus 5 trumped both.

So I now own both the Note 3 and the Nexus 5 and in my mind that is a brilliant combination. The Nexus will be used for work and the Note 3 personal so the latter being my daily driver.

So what is your combination (if any)?

Damn, two beasts of a phone combo there
    I only have one phone but if I had to choose I'd probably do something like a Moto X and maybe an iPhone 5S (Camera purposes, since the X's isn't that great)
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I'm using a Note 3 and S3 mini. Wanted the big boy for my tablet-type use and the S3m for when I want to go small.

Note 3
    Live long and prosper.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Damn, two beasts of a phone combo there
    I only have one phone but if I had to choose I'd probably do something like a Moto X and maybe an iPhone 5S (Camera purposes, since the X's isn't that great)
    Have read some great comments about the moto x and its looking likely that it is now comming to the UK. However not that i hate apple but they are missing that spark and the ability to understand that the average screen size is now between 4.7 and 5.7" mistake not upping to atleast the lower of them two. Also i preffer open source myself.

But still that is a good combo if you preffer the smaller handsets.

But yeh im happy with my decision two amazing phones indeed :-)

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I'm using a Note 3 and S3 mini. Wanted the big boy for my tablet-type use and the S3m for when I want to go small.

Note 3
    Yeh that is most certainly having the best of both worlds. But anything below a 5" screen is a no go for me.

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Have read some great comments about the moto x and its looking likely that it is now comming to the UK. However not that i hate apple but they are missing that spark and the ability to understand that the average screen size is now between 4.7 and 5.7" mistake not upping to atleast the lower of them two. Also i preffer open source myself.

But still that is a good combo if you preffer the smaller handsets.

But yeh im happy with my decision two amazing phones indeed :-)

I don't prefer small phones (I have an S4 ), the iPhone would be purely for the camera. Although now that I think about it, I'd rather go with the Moto X (Daily driver) and Note 3 (For the camera and media consuming/gaming)
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I don't prefer small phones (I have an S4 ), the iPhone would be purely for the camera. Although now that I think about it, I'd rather go with the Moto X (Daily driver) and Note 3 (For the camera and media consuming/gaming)
    Haha yeh sorry dude was just presuming you did lol yeh motto x and note 3 is a bit more like it stay with android :-) so go out and get your combo :-)

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Haha yeh sorry dude was just persuming you did lol yeh motto x and note 3 is a bit more like it stay with android :-) so go out and get your combo :-)

Note 3 is over $700, Moto X is $400. I'd need to finish paying off my S4 (Around $300 left) and sell it. I'd definitely get less than $400
    So I'd have to pay more than $1,000 to get this combo
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yeh these smarties are a bit expensive but im not paying outright not that rich lol both on contract wich is going to end up costing 80pm. That would roughly be without using a currancy converter so might and most likely will be wrong around 150 dollors? But im addicted to gadgets lol although now im really tied and will now miss what is happening this year and until late in 2015.

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Yeh these smarties are a bit expensive but im not paying outright not that rich lol both on contract wich is going to end up costing 80pm. That would roughly be without using a currancy converter so might and most likely will be wrong around 150 dollors? But im addicted to gadgets lol although now im really tied and will now miss what is happening this year and until late in 2015.

80 euros is closer to $110 right now. And I wouldn't want to buy a phone on-contract anyway
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

80 euros is closer to $110 right now. And I wouldn't want to buy a phone on-contract anyway
    Is your S4 not on contract seeing you have 300 left to pay? And gotcha dude contracts do rip you off as you end up paying over the odds in the end. But only way i can affford what i like lol

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Is your S4 not on contract seeing you have 300 left to pay? And gotcha dude contracts do rip you off as you end up paying over the odds in the end. But only way i can affford what i like lol

It's on T-Mobile, no contracts but you can choose to pay the phone in full, or in payments until you pay it off. I guess it's somewhat of a contract but I can upgrade every 6 months and if I pay them off can leave whenever I want

Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

UJ, how do you like Tmobile? My wife is considering them but she read some negative reviews about their service.

Note 3
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    21,659 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

UJ, how do you like Tmobile? My wife is considering them but she read some negative reviews about their service.

Note 3
    Compared sensorly.com for coverage yet? Just to make sure.
    As for the negative reviews, bad news spreads like wildfire.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Compared sensorly.com for coverage yet? Just to make sure.
    As for the negative reviews, bad news spreads like wildfire.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    We'll have to check that out. Thx.

S3m
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

We'll have to check that out. Thx.

S3m
    It's great where I live. LTE most of the places I go and speeds are still acceptable on HSPA+ but I live in one of the biggest markets (LA)
    Do what Golfdriver said, if the coverage is good, then go for it

Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I went for it...switched to Tmo. So far it's been okay.

Sent from one of my phones
    Live long and prosper.