Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Default Re: Google please stop trying to get me to use your social network.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Oh, I agree. But I don't think they are the majority. Metro has managed to **** off a lot of people.

I found those articles via a casual google search. Try finding articles about how much people love Metro. It will be a lot harder.

I personally love Windows 8, but it is only because I know how to circumvent Metro via Classic Shell. My grandma or little nephew might not be so lucky.
    They'll be okay, just like everyone else a personal taste of computing operating system matters little in the grand scheme of things. Some people like windows 8, some don't and that is the truth of the matter.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    They'll be okay, just like everyone else a personal taste of computing operating system matters little in the grand scheme of things. Some people like windows 8, some don't and that is the truth of the matter.
    Even Vista had it's fans. But most people didn't like it.

I think what really ticked people off about Win8 wasn't that it had Metro, but that you could not turn it off. That was a really bad decision by Microsoft. And it cost them sales.

WIn98, XP and 7. Skipped the rest and will skip 8.

Posted via Android Central App

And Facebook is the short-bus of social media IMHO.

I have lots of issues with getting Android adb drivers etc to work with windoze 8 even with driver signature checking disabled, this is what make me want to go back to 7, but I'm using Kubuntu mostly now.

sent via tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Even Vista had it's fans. But most people didn't like it.

I think what really ticked people off about Win8 wasn't that it had Metro, but that you could not turn it off. That was a really bad decision by Microsoft. And it cost them sales.
    Why would you turn off the front facing feature of your new operating system?

Back on-topic: Agree w/the OP. I decided I wasn't going to take it. Thus: Any Google thing that requires G+ I simply do not do. (Attn: App Developers: That includes rating apps!)

In fact: Google's becoming increasingly annoying in a variety of ways. The more annoying the become, the less I use their stuff.

I just saw on androidtablets.com a video about Ubuntu's new stuff. Looked pretty good. I'm hoping it takes off. I'd dump Android in a heartbeat for a credible alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bell View Post
    WIn98, XP and 7. Skipped the rest and will skip 8.

So what computer operating system you are using now?

ROM

Why would you turn off the front facing feature of your new operating system?
    Because it is in the way. It makes nothing faster and makes some things slower.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Old Stoneface View Post
    Back on-topic: Agree w/the OP. I decided I wasn't going to take it. Thus: Any Google thing that requires G+ I simply do not do. (Attn: App Developers: That includes rating apps!)

In fact: Google's becoming increasingly annoying in a variety of ways. The more annoying the become, the less I use their stuff.

I just saw on androidtablets.com a video about Ubuntu's new stuff. Looked pretty good. I'm hoping it takes off. I'd dump Android in a heartbeat for a credible alternative.
    I would us windows phone if they fixed that "other" storage problem. Then I could just close my Google account. This Google Plus push turned me off from Google a lot.

paisley99 likes this.

I would us windows phone if they fixed that "other" storage problem.
    I'd go back to a dumb phone or a Palm Centro (what I last had) before I'd have a 'doze phone.

I'd go back to a dumb phone or a Palm Centro (what I last had) before I'd have a 'doze phone.
    Why?

Why?
    Beside the fact I've seen nothing in descriptions of Win8/Metro, Win phones or tablets that impresses me: After long years of experience with Microsoft in the I.T. field I want nothing more to do with Microsoft products. At all. In any shape, form or function.

Beside the fact I've seen nothing in descriptions of Win8/Metro, Win phones or tablets that impresses me: After long years of experience with Microsoft in the I.T. field I want nothing more to do with Microsoft products. At all. In any shape, form or function.
    Ooo harsh. I think its one of those things you have to try to get a feel for it.

So what computer operating system you are using now?

Win 7

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

Wish there was a way to get rid of Google plus integration. I think its ridiculous. Somehow YouTube connected to my Google account and its been the most impossible thing to unlink the accounts. My YouTube account shows my full name that's displayed in Google plus and if I change my YouTube name it changes my Google plus name.

I made a new account for YouTube but somehow it also linked my profile to Google. It's one of the most ridiculous ideas ever. I can't believe people complain about facebooks privacy issues in comparison with Google's. It seems like when u join Google + it automatically sets u up to show all r activity on any other Google account. If I delete Google plus it will delete my YouTube account.

Synycalwon, A895 and paisley99 like this.

I don't even understand why they would require us to join a service that is made to "create your presence on the internet and make it easier for friends and family to find you". Do they not believe that anonymity is a huge part of how we use the internet? Just look at the G+ name policy.

"As you create your Google+ profile, please keep the following guidelines in mind: First and last name required: You need to provide both your first and last name for your Google+ profile so it’ll help you find people and enable people to find you"

And relevant but worthy of a whole nother discussion in and of itself, I don't understand why they are trying to de-anonymize internet activity, and frankly, anonymity in general. I really don't. And it's not just about cleaning up youtube comments, looking at Google's 2 statement I posted above make that pretty clear. My friend signed up for a G+ account and figured it was more like a facebook thing. When i google her first and last name now, first thing that comes up is here Google+ profile pic. Not so with facebook. This is just not good. And we've all had our gmail for ages, we've all had our youtube for ages, and for some reason they're doing everything they can to join those 2 together, and won't allow us to actively use youtube (a service they bought and didn't create, a service that has no true alternative) unless we join a network designed to do exactly why people are warned about facebook for and worse. Not even facebook is about "making it easier for people to find you" and presenting yourself to the world.

Google understands very well that for many of us that's one of the main reasons to not join the G+ social network, it's just ugly that they're cutting off services until we join it. And of all the companies...I really would never think any company would do it, but the one likes to claim their respect for privacy...disgusting.
    Last edited by paisley99; 01-21-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibs View Post
    Wish there was a way to get rid of Google plus integration. I think its ridiculous. Somehow YouTube connected to my Google account and its been the most impossible thing to unlink the accounts. My YouTube account shows my full name that's displayed in Google plus and if I change my YouTube name it changes my Google plus name.

I made a new account for YouTube but somehow it also linked my profile to Google. It's one of the most ridiculous ideas ever. I can't believe people complain about facebooks privacy issues in comparison with Google's. It seems like when u join Google + it automatically sets u up to show all r activity on any other Google account. If I delete Google plus it will delete my YouTube account.

I just went ahead and deleted my Google Plus. I found out though recently along with not being to able to leave reviews on apps in the play store you can't use Google game center without a Google plus as well.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    paisley99 likes this.

I feel creepy just having my pseudonym searchable. Now anyone I email can see my reviews, and anything else I thoughtlessly used that pseudonym for. I haven't done anything embarrassing, but I'm still embarrassed. It's just unnecessary.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Nibs, A895, paisley99 and 1 others like this.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

I just went ahead and deleted my Google Plus. I found out though recently along with not being to able to leave reviews on apps in the play store you can't use Google game center without a Google plus as well.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    They have to change something. It's unacceptable for Google+ to be the basis of anything google related.
    paisley99 likes this.

They have to change something. It's unacceptable for Google+ to be the basis of anything google related.
    I miss things how they were before Google plus. One Google account for everything minus the social network aspect.

paisley99 likes this.

I miss things how they were before Google plus. One Google account for everything minus the social network aspect.

Exactly. If it needs to be Google+ as the general idea for a sign in name/google account for all your services, fine. My Drive, my email, maybe my youtube LOG IN, and whatever else is an actual service i USE. But don’t make it all about your identification and profile on the internet and make the social network site and a public profile the head of it; those should be something you add on.

And I was just talking to someone in the office who was talking about trading his phone for a motoX or nexus, we started talking about +, he said had a Google+ account/profile page but never asked for it. I explained to him, you clicked something. He swears he didn’t but doesn't didn’t realize how they were making it seem like you weren’t really signing up for anything different. He said he never logged on but that people were adding him to their circle. I checked, that is correct, people do not need your permission to add you. So the “just don’t use it”, really doesn’t cut it either. Every default on this service that people barely realize they’re signing up for, is not an setting that avoids your inclusion to a service you don’t want anything to do with and might normally avoid like the plague, (or even respects your privacy and/or anonymity), but rather set for the exact opposite. It's actually impossible for me not to dislike them as an entity at this point.
    Last edited by paisley99; 01-21-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

I think the best solution to aim for is that we should be required to have a Google Plus account in order to apply for a job, get married, have children, buy groceries, rent or buy a home or car, get a passport, become a citizen, vote.
    The complacency about security among android users is disturbing.

i still think the best way to get rid off Google is either going Windows Phone or iOS!

because with Android, i believe it just get worse and we will just dodge it all we can!

but MS doesen't has a social network (well, actually they do,but its irrelevant) so they have nothing to shove up your a** except for their services like Skydrive!
    being a former Windows Phone user, i can say MS ecossystem feels pretty...relaxing XD compared to Google and its pressure!

so while i'm in love with my moto g i just avoid all i can getting too deep into Google stuff! i just use the necessary: e-mail, Google Play and Drive lol

sent from my Moto G <3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12