Google please stop trying to get me to use your social network.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Exactly your opinion. I'm sure there are other besides my self who disagree with you.
Apparently there are not a lot. The adoption rates make it clear what people prefer. When given a choice, they are not upgrading to Windows 8.

Stories like this are all over the internet. It's not just me.

"People Still Hate Windows 8"
Microsoft Windows 8 OS market share growth trails Windows 7 in November 2013.

"Consumers Not Eager to Upgrade to Windows 8"
Consumers Not Eager to Upgrade to Windows 8 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

"Survey: Most people not considering upgrading to Windows 8"
Survey: Most people not considering upgrading to Windows 8 - Neowin

"Forget Windows 8.1, Folks Want Windows 7"
Forget Windows 8.1, Folks Want Windows 7; & 4 More Things to Know Today - DailyFinance

"Ballmer’s Windows 8 upgrade numbers aren’t that good"
Ballmer’s Windows 8 upgrade numbers aren’t that good

And the reason is always Metro.

B0wen_arrow

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
zedy6uny.jpg

Alexx via Moto X

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Apparently there are not a lot. The adoption rates make it clear what people prefer. When given a choice, they are not upgrading to Windows 8.

Stories like this are all over the internet. It's not just me.

"People Still Hate Windows 8"
Microsoft Windows 8 OS market share growth trails Windows 7 in November 2013.

"Consumers Not Eager to Upgrade to Windows 8"
Consumers Not Eager to Upgrade to Windows 8 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

"Survey: Most people not considering upgrading to Windows 8"
Survey: Most people not considering upgrading to Windows 8 - Neowin

"Forget Windows 8.1, Folks Want Windows 7"
Forget Windows 8.1, Folks Want Windows 7; & 4 More Things to Know Today - DailyFinance

"Ballmer?s Windows 8 upgrade numbers aren?t that good"
Ballmer?s Windows 8 upgrade numbers aren?t that good

And the reason is always Metro.

I don't care about those I'm saying there are some. Try WPCentral where you will find many who love windows 8.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about those I'm saying there are some.
Oh, I agree. But I don't think they are the majority. Metro has managed to **** off a lot of people.

I found those articles via a casual google search. Try finding articles about how much people love Metro. It will be a lot harder.

I personally love Windows 8, but it is only because I know how to circumvent Metro via Classic Shell. My grandma or little nephew might not be so lucky.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I agree. But I don't think they are the majority. Metro has managed to **** off a lot of people.

I found those articles via a casual google search. Try finding articles about how much people love Metro. It will be a lot harder.

I personally love Windows 8, but it is only because I know how to circumvent Metro via Classic Shell. My grandma or little nephew might not be so lucky.

They'll be okay, just like everyone else a personal taste of computing operating system matters little in the grand scheme of things. Some people like windows 8, some don't and that is the truth of the matter.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
They'll be okay, just like everyone else a personal taste of computing operating system matters little in the grand scheme of things. Some people like windows 8, some don't and that is the truth of the matter.
Even Vista had it's fans. But most people didn't like it.

I think what really ticked people off about Win8 wasn't that it had Metro, but that you could not turn it off. That was a really bad decision by Microsoft. And it cost them sales.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have lots of issues with getting Android adb drivers etc to work with windoze 8 even with driver signature checking disabled, this is what make me want to go back to 7, but I'm using Kubuntu mostly now.

sent via tapatalk

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Even Vista had it's fans. But most people didn't like it.

I think what really ticked people off about Win8 wasn't that it had Metro, but that you could not turn it off. That was a really bad decision by Microsoft. And it cost them sales.

Why would you turn off the front facing feature of your new operating system?

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Back on-topic: Agree w/the OP. I decided I wasn't going to take it. Thus: Any Google thing that requires G+ I simply do not do. (Attn: App Developers: That includes rating apps!)

In fact: Google's becoming increasingly annoying in a variety of ways. The more annoying the become, the less I use their stuff.

I just saw on androidtablets.com a video about Ubuntu's new stuff. Looked pretty good. I'm hoping it takes off. I'd dump Android in a heartbeat for a credible alternative.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Back on-topic: Agree w/the OP. I decided I wasn't going to take it. Thus: Any Google thing that requires G+ I simply do not do. (Attn: App Developers: That includes rating apps!)

In fact: Google's becoming increasingly annoying in a variety of ways. The more annoying the become, the less I use their stuff.

I just saw on androidtablets.com a video about Ubuntu's new stuff. Looked pretty good. I'm hoping it takes off. I'd dump Android in a heartbeat for a credible alternative.

I would us windows phone if they fixed that "other" storage problem. Then I could just close my Google account. This Google Plus push turned me off from Google a lot.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Beside the fact I've seen nothing in descriptions of Win8/Metro, Win phones or tablets that impresses me: After long years of experience with Microsoft in the I.T. field I want nothing more to do with Microsoft products. At all. In any shape, form or function.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Beside the fact I've seen nothing in descriptions of Win8/Metro, Win phones or tablets that impresses me: After long years of experience with Microsoft in the I.T. field I want nothing more to do with Microsoft products. At all. In any shape, form or function.

Ooo harsh. I think its one of those things you have to try to get a feel for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia