Most Reliable Android Phone?

mwalz03

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Well i am owner/operator of a lawn service. I need a phone that is the most reliable with overall performance and hardware. I have to manage my business on the go so it NEEDS to be a reliable phone. Something that has the least amount of issues. But i also need one of the fastest out there. My upgrade is coming up in April/March of this year so i need some opinions. My carrier is T-mobile. I am not going to switch so please recommend phones from them.

Cell Phones | 4G Phones | iPhone and Android Phones | T-Mobile

I'm thinking of getting a SGS4 or LG G2. The Nexus 5 is a possibility also. I don't want to buy an iPhone, even though they do have less problems. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Most Relaible Android Phone?

I highly recommend either the Moto X or the Nexus 5. Google's phones generally have the fewest issues and the fastest fixes.

Sent from my iPod Touch (5th Gen) using Tapatalk

mwalz03

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Well my parents have a Samsung galaxy and they love it, and has not given them problems til recently. My mom never cleaned the app cache, so i got it, cleaned that out and it's working fine again.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

I've had a GS4 and switched to a Moto X and it's much better! The form factor is much better and the active notifications and hands free voice commands are wonderful! Also the battery lasts me much longer than the GS4 battery did and the almost stock Android software runs much smoother than Touchwiz and is updated to KitKat already.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree on Moto X or Nexus 5. If I could only suggest one phone, it would be the Moto X. Better radios and battery life, for me at least.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
You'll probably want something with good signal, voice quality, battery life and durability, probably look at the Motorola line, I mean Razr and Droid.

I would say most of the ones recommended earlier are not up to standard in durability factor and I think that would be a requirement for your line of work. Samsung phones and Nexus are pretty flimsy and can break from a single drop without a case (this is coming from an avid nexus and Samsung user, or just watch and YouTube drop test).

It depend on what your priority are. The Nexus 5 can do anything software wise and have some of the most freedom. The Moto X might suite your purpose more, slightly better battery life and hand free Google now.

sent via tapatalk

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I use a Galaxy Note 3 myself and would swear by the Galaxy line. I don't see myself ever owning a different phone. Samsung adds plenty of extra though and some of these features are buggy.

One instance I can think of is that my sister's GS4, which she had to encrypt for work, ate her SD card. Android encryption plus grafted on SD support just didn't work.

For my part I am willing to tolerate glitches and slow updates (Android goes through Samsung and then my carrier and finally to me...maybe) in exchange for Samsung software.

The N5 and Moto X don't have some of these extra features and they get updates a lot faster. So it's a give and take. If you are chiefly concerned with stability and fewer potential headaches, both phones are good choices.

They're great phones in their own right as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

monotok

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
What about the Z1s from Sony? They seem pretty good! It is also dust and waterproof and their customisation on Android is good and not too much :)

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X seems like a good phone. But you really can't go wrong with Samsung. They make really solid phones.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I think if I was constantly 'on the go' I'd get the Moto X. The hands-free interaction and great battery life are very compelling.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm in love with my Nexus 5 but as a daily driver I'd recommend the Moto X just because I think the form factor lends itself well to being easily handled on the go. The Nexus also feels great in the hand but the Moto is just a little smaller and easier to handle.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I'd say the Moto X or Nexus 5. My Moto X hasn't given me any trouble that make it unreliable. Both phones are priced well. IMO steer clear of Samsung products as they are loaded with bloatware and the software is unreliable, can't wait to get my mom off her GS2 and onto a Moto X.

That said...if ultimate reliability is what you want then the iPhone is what you need to buy. Why don't you want to buy an iPhone?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Well i am owner/operator of a lawn service. I need a phone that is the most reliable with overall performance and hardware. I have to manage my business on the go so it NEEDS to be a reliable phone. Something that has the least amount of issues. But i also need one of the fastest out there. My upgrade is coming up in April/March of this year so i need some opinions. My carrier is T-mobile. I am not going to switch so please recommend phones from them.

Cell Phones | 4G Phones | iPhone and Android Phones | T-Mobile

I'm thinking of getting a SGS4 or LG G2. The Nexus 5 is a possibility also. I don't want to buy an iPhone, even though they do have less problems. Let me know what you guys think.
Something with Vanilla Android then. I'd say the Nexus 5. I'd only recommend the Moto X to people on Verizon. The Moto X is a great phone, but the Nexus 5 has better hardware in every way (CPU, display, camera) and will get quicker updates (and almost certainly be supported longer). The Moto X is only better in a few features, like the always-on thing. A lot of people really like how it feels in the hand too, so you might want to get to a storefront and fondle one to see if that will matter to you.

The G2 and S4 are both great phones, but have a lot more "moving parts" when it comes to software. And are a lot less likely to see updates. Nexus devices are the default templates for Android and so are a lot less likely to see problems with apps because there is no vendor overlay to deal with. The Moto X is not vanilla Android, but is very very close to it.

mwalz03

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Well T-mobile does not carry the moto x, and i am not switching carriers. My mom is the one who pays the monthly bill and she will not switch from t mobile, if i had my choice i would get Verizon. I don't care what phone gets updates the fastest, i just want an overall good phone. I have yet to hear about a newer phone where call quality sucks on it. And for where i am located t mobile is fine for signal. Also i will get an outter box for it as well. i'm thinking a samsung device may be good. The SGS5 may be released for t mobile before my upgrade is due, which is what I'm hoping. I also need good battery life and the Nexus 5 does not deliver. The LG G2 apparently has awesome battery life. I have data turned on all day, mostly 4G, and the LG G2 seems like a good phone overall.

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Well T-mobile does not carry the moto x, and i am not switching carriers. My mom is the one who pays the monthly bill and she will not switch from t mobile, if i had my choice i would get Verizon.
I just came from Verizon after being with them for 8 years. Trust me...you would not like Verizon. They have slightly better coverage, but are worse in every other way. I don't miss them at all. I paid a $270 termination fee to get away from them.

I also need good battery life and the Nexus 5 does not deliver. The LG G2 apparently has awesome battery life. I have data turned on all day, mostly 4G, and the LG G2 seems like a good phone overall.
The G2 is a great phone. I would not consider it more reliable than the Nexus. But if battery life is more important for you, then it is a good choice. It has even better battery life than the Moto X, and it has the best specs of anything listed here so far.

The GS5 won't be here till at least late April bare minimum...more likely June.

mwalz03

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Well i look at it this way, i currently have an HTC sensation 4g which is from 2011. I got it in 2012 though. But it randomly shuts down, its buggy, and overall laggy. Also the UI is extremely slow. Like to open apps. I dont care too much if some people think the LG G2 ui is cluttered, that doesn't bug me at all. You can turn a lot of the unnecessary animations off too. I need a good camera because i will sometimes need to show pictures of my work to my clients if they need to see them. It is packed with features, and personally i don't like tuchwiz that much. So i need a phone that does not get laggy and i have yet to hear a review of that phone where people say there is lag when doing anything on it. And battery life is rated at 25 hours talk time. People can even get more than a day out of the battery

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a s4 with a otterbox and yes I had my issues but all in all it's a solid phone and you can get a lifeproof case also so if outside it can get wet. I would say get s4 but we are not you so make your choice for what YOU need... Hope it helps....

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
A lot of newer cellphone batteries have excellent standby and talk times. The main issue is running all those apps and such that suck the battery dry. If I don't touch apps on my Note 3 and just leave it in standby, it lasts forever. With mild use and only a couple 10-15 minute charges, I've managed to stretch my Note 3 out to 30 hours before. So it really depends on what you plan to do with your phone and how you see yourself using it throughout the day. Android has some fairly good power saver features you can enable that throttle the phone's performance, display, etc. but do a great job of extending the life of your battery. Especially if you only need the phone for a few simple emails and phone calls.

Touchwiz UI is a nonissue IMO and should not be a barrier to getting a Samsung phone. It is easy to install your own custom UI and launcher and banish Touchwiz back to the unholy depths from which it came.

The LG G2 is a pretty good phone though and it sounds like you're really liking the looks of it. The only real downside of the G2 is that with the 16 GB model you won't have much space on your phone for apps, music, etc.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
The Galaxy Note 3 is an exceptional piece of hardware and I rate it highly more so now that I have rooted and flashed X-Note rom. It as stock with touchwiz is good but it's just so much better without the stuff that is holding it down.

My Nexus 5 is just brilliant and is so so smooth. The battery life after the update makes it more usable and the camera is now improved.

So without detailing every aspect and a brief outline these two powerhouses are sublime.

Posted via Android Central App

mwalz03

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
The main thing i would be doing on the phone on most days, is during the day, checking email, making calls, and texting. and using a few apps like calender, and a scheduler app. Then when I'm not out and about, when I'm home that's when i will do all my games on it, and use it a lot more, but a charger is handy at that point and doesn't matter if i drain the battery, i charge it every night anyways. And i could get by with 16gb because i don't really listen to music on it, And i only put a few hundred songs on it. Apps don't take that much storage, and i have mostly pictures. At least on my current phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad