Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By A895
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Moto X or Maxx?

    I'm about to upgrade and have heard nothing but great things about both the X and the Maxx. I would be getting a 32gb X so the only differences I have seen is the .3" in screen size and the battery. Is it worth the extra $100 for the maxx? Are there any other major differences that I am not noticing? I am coming from an iphone 4s with laggy iOS 7 and small screen so I am looking to ditch the iphones. Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-17-2014 at 04:45 AM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Moto x or Maxx?

    The X is far more comfortable to hold and handle. How well it feels to hold in comparison to other phones really can't be underestimated.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Moto x or Maxx?

    Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    The X is far more comfortable to hold and handle. How well it feels to hold in comparison to other phones really can't be underestimated.
    Just spent time in the Verizon store playing around with both and with all other aspects being the same save for battery size, the Moto X is a joy to use.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Moto x or Maxx?

    Quote Originally Posted by JY91 View Post
    I'm about to upgrade and have heard nothing but great things about both the X and the Maxx. I would be getting a 32gb X so the only differences I have seen is the .3" in screen size and the battery. Is it worth the extra $100 for the maxx? Are there any other major differences that I am not noticing? I am coming from an iphone 4s with laggy iOS 7 and small screen so I am looking to ditch the iphones. Thanks for your input.
    I think the Moto X will be better coming from an iPhone. Prompt updates from Manufacturer, nice design and form factor and a lot of accessory support compared to the Droid Maxx.

    Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Moto x or Maxx?

    +1 for the Moto X.

    Sent from my out-of-this-world Galaxy S3
  6. #6  
    sting7k's Avatar

    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,248 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

    Default Re: Moto x or Maxx?

    Go for the X.

    Beamed via my Moto X from the Android Central app.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Moto x or Maxx?

    Thanks everyone. How is the battery life on the X?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Moto x or Maxx?

    Quote Originally Posted by JY91 View Post
    Thanks everyone. How is the battery life on the X?
    Amazingly good. All day battery life for sure. If you want to go more than one day no charging you might be hard pressed unless you are a light user.

    Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    JY91 likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Moto x or Maxx?

    Honestly haven't figured out a time when I'd need a phone with battery like the Maxx. In all my years of owning smartphones I've never been in a situation where I didn't have a charger *knock on wood*

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Moto X or Maxx?

    The Droid Maxx is the better phone...imo. I bought one for my wife and she loves it. It has a better quality feel and don't forget the wireless charging. The Tylt charger is perfect. There are plenty of accessories. You won't need a case, the phone is a case and you will not ever need to worry about running out of battery.

    Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Moto X or Maxx?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Sacks View Post
    The Droid Maxx is the better phone...imo. I bought one for my wife and she loves it. It has a better quality feel and don't forget the wireless charging. The Tylt charger is perfect. There are plenty of accessories. You won't need a case, the phone is a case and you will not ever need to worry about running out of battery.

    Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk
    The Maxx is not hand friendly as the Moto X though. And it does not have the accessory support (plenty of first party cases from Motorola and 1,000s of third party cases and such.). I almost got the Maxx for my upgrade but its very hard to use one handed because I have smaller hands. The Moto X is also better on updates. Battery life while not two days worth will without a doubt get you through a day with plenty to spare.

    Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
  12. #12  
    mhans311's Avatar

    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

    Default Re: Moto X or Maxx?

    I would opt for the Maxx. Battery life is one of the most important things to me. I used to have a charger with me wherever I went. Then a couple years ago I bought the Razr Maxx and it was amazing how nice it was to never have to worry about my phone dying. No matter how hard I used the phone it would last at least a day. Now I have the Note 2 and I will never go back to a smaller battery.

    But if battery life doesn't matter to you I would probably choose the X.

    Noted via tapatalk
    Last edited by mhans311; 01-17-2014 at 07:06 AM.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Moto X or Maxx?

    Quote Originally Posted by mhans311 View Post
    I would opt for the Maxx. Battery life is one of the most important things to me. I used to have a charger with me wherever I went. Then a couple years ago I bought the Razr Maxx and it was amazing how nice it was to never have to worry about my phone dying. No matter how hard I used the phone it would last at least a day. Now I have the Note 2 and I will never go back to a smaller battery.

    But if battery life doesn't matter to you I would probably choose the X.

    Noted via tapatalk
    You act like the Moto X battery is bad, read the forums Moto X gets great battery life because the software and hardware optimization. It lasts all day no problem. I think this mainly comes down to what size form factor and how fast he wants updates to his device.

    Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
  14. #14  
    mhans311's Avatar

    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

    Default Re: Moto X or Maxx?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    You act like the Moto X battery is bad, read the forums Moto X gets great battery life because the software and hardware optimization. It lasts all day no problem. I think this mainly comes down to what size form factor and how fast he wants updates to his device.

    Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    I didn't mean to make it sound like the moto x battery is bad. I know it is better than average. But the Maxx basically has all of the same hardware/software optimizations and a mondo battery. So the battery on the Maxx is definitely better. But the moto x is much better looking. Just depends on what you need.

    Noted via tapatalk
  15. #15  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    6,757 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,760 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Moto X or Maxx?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    You act like the Moto X battery is bad, read the forums Moto X gets great battery life because the software and hardware optimization. It lasts all day no problem. I think this mainly comes down to what size form factor and how fast he wants updates to his device.

    Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    I agree with you on the form factor being probably the only real difference to consider between the two, aside from price. Personally, I'd go with the Moto X due to form factor.

    Let us know what you decide on, OP.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Moto X or Maxx?

    Just got my Moto X with Otterbox for 320 from Craigslist. Liking it so far.

    Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Moto X or Maxx?

    Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    Just got my Moto X with Otterbox for 320 from Craigslist. Liking it so far.

    Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Nice deal. I should get an otterbox.

    Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Moto X or Maxx?

    I went and played with both in the nearby store and the X was pretty comfortable in the hand however the on-screen buttons made the screen seem smaller and I really liked the screen size of the maxx
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Moto X or Maxx?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Nice deal. I should get an otterbox.

    Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    Thanks! I used the defender throughout the day today but I took it off when I got home. I likely won't use it again.

    Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Moto X or Maxx?

    Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    Thanks! I used the defender throughout the day today but I took it off when I got home. I likely won't use it again.

    Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Why not?

    Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Moto X or Maxx?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Why not?

    Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Big cases like the defender often interfere with button presses right along the edge of the screen. In addition, the built in screen protector reduced touch sensitivity significantly for me!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by mumfoau; 01-20-2014 at 05:05 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. WTS/WTT: Verizon iphone 5 32 gb in great condition for trade or possible sale!
    By taylorz_412 in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2014, 03:32 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 07:58 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 01:43 AM
  4. New to Android Central or Android? Start here!
    By Paul627g in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 12:51 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

B