Sending Chat Instead of SMS in Hangouts By Accident

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody else had an issue with accidentally sending a chat instead of SMS in Hangouts? This got me into a little hot water this past weekend. My wife has an iPhone. She chats with me at work via Hangouts on her computer, but never uses it anywhere else. So Saturday I'm trying to send her some important information. When I get home, she's asking why I never sent it. I tell her I did and her crappy iPhone just didn't get it for some reason. Later, I look at my phone and noticed that I sent her a chat instead of SMS. Son of a ...

Anyway, has anybody had this happen to them and is there a good way to make these appear differently? That little SMS symbol is just too easy to miss, or for me it is at least. Heck, I wish if they're going to be separate, Google would have them on separate sides of the current thread or page where you create one.

Mike Richmond2

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this is a problem for me too. Worst is when it sends a chat to someone who doesn't use hangouts . The message is then just lost forever, and you as the sender may never find out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue awhile back. Actually, Sent several messages to a friend and didn't realize it was a Hangout not sms as I thought it was. I actually though he was mad at me since I had not heard back from him until I realized what I did... Lol I recently went back to Handcent and will definitely revisit Hangouts once the sms part of it is improved with additional features.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody else had an issue with accidentally sending a chat instead of SMS in Hangouts? This got me into a little hot water this past weekend. My wife has an iPhone. She chats with me at work via Hangouts on her computer, but never uses it anywhere else. So Saturday I'm trying to send her some important information. When I get home, she's asking why I never sent it. I tell her I did and her crappy iPhone just didn't get it for some reason. Later, I look at my phone and noticed that I sent her a chat instead of SMS. Son of a ...

Anyway, has anybody had this happen to them and is there a good way to make these appear differently? That little SMS symbol is just too easy to miss, or for me it is at least. Heck, I wish if they're going to be separate, Google would have them on separate sides of the current thread or page where you create one.

So this problem had nothing with your wife's crappy iPhone? It was Googles confusing and intrusive service that caused the issue? Am I understanding you correctly? I'm getting really tired of Google trying to force us to use their services. Especially G+!

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it wasn't her phone. And no Google didn't force me to use it, I chose to. And now I'm choosing not to and am back with textra.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers