- 218 Posts
will you always be able to select a default app in android?
Will google ever make it to where you can't select other apps as your default app? I really like android because you can change your default app for email, your web browser and other things. Do you think android will ever get rid of being able to change default apps?
- 01-19-2014, 06:15 AM #2
- 341 Posts
The Answer would be no, being able to select your default app is an integral part of the os. If by asking the question you were referring to Google forcing you into there brand eg chrome and not being able to select another browser for example then that wouldn't be very wise.
Posted via Android Central App
- 01-20-2014, 09:36 AM #3
Re: will you always be able to select a default app in android?
Samsung attempted to do something like this on their own with the Galaxy S1 on Verizon. They made it so you could not change your default search provider from Bing (Microsoft had signed a deal with them to do this or something). There was a backlash over it and they stopped doing it. To this day I absolutely despise Bing because of that. It was an obnoxious move on their part.
- By svilenkk in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 02-08-2014, 05:33 PM
- By itaysk in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 17Last Post: 01-27-2014, 07:39 PM
- By mjpc in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 01-24-2014, 11:20 PM
- By RobAl33 in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2014, 05:11 AM
- By saraj12 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 01-19-2014, 03:52 AM