Do I have to pay for Play Store games again if I uninstall them?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I just recently started buying games and bought all of Badlands, A couple features of Plague Inc, and Riptide GP2. If I uninstall these games will I still have what I bought?

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Once you buy them you can uninstall and reinstall them over and over on ANY compatible Android devices using that Gmail account.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
As Paul said, absolutely; the purchases are tied to your Google account. :)

You'll be able to find them under 'My Apps' in the Play Store app or on the desktop site, and won't have to pay for them again. However, unless the game in question stores its appdata in the cloud (using a function like Google's 'Cloud Save' feature intended for game developers),you will lose your progress when the app in uninstalled. To avoid this (for example, to preserve any plague types you've completed in Plague Inc.) you can use backup/restore options like Titanium Backup or Koushik Dutta's Helium to save and replace this data if you need to reset your phone. Some of these tools, including Titanium, require root access to function. Others, including Helium, do not.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for changing the title but that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking whether if I uninstall a game that I only bought a few features in such as plague inc, would I have to buy that again? I didn't buy everything just a few extras in the game, will I still keep those if I uninstall?

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for changing the title but that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking whether if I uninstall a game that I only bought a few features in such as plague inc, would I have to buy that again? I didn't buy everything just a few extras in the game, will I still keep those if I uninstall?

Paid in-app purchases — at least those done with the Play Store's built-in IAP systems — should be tied to your Google Account just as with paid apps themselves, and should remain intact if you uninstall and reinstall the application.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Paid in-app purchases ? at least those done with the Play Store's built-in IAP systems ? should be tied to your Google Account just as with paid apps themselves, and should remain intact if you uninstall and reinstall the application.

This was the answer I was looking for, thanks a lot.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
This was the answer I was looking for, thanks a lot.

I should also add that some types of purchases, for example virtual currency or resources, are sometimes implemented in a manner that might not transfer between devices.