Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

I won a brand new G2 16gb
i own an htc one 32gb

i can't decide which one to sell - it would be nice to hear your options

Why not both?

Lol jk. That's a toughy. Both are really good phones, but the LG G2 has more up-to-date specs. So I would say sell the HTC One.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

I won a brand new G2 16gb
i own an htc one 32gb

i can't decide which one to sell - it would be nice to hear your options

I also have the One and my daughter had the G2. Both phones are great. I really like the build of the One, the screen and the camera functionally.

On the other hand the G2 is a great size, the screen ain't as good but still very nice, really like the back button placement, camera is amazing and the battery is among the best in a smart phone.

With that said you'd lose 16 gigs of storage and that could be an issue. I think you can still get the 50 free gigs from Box...

Tough call

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Well if storage capacity then the one is your choice..personally I owed the one for like a week but I got the g 2 for the screen and battery and camera ..I miss boomsounds and Zoe though..or sell the g2 get money for the new HTC one coming soon

Posted via Android Central App

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys :)

I want to save money, and actually i don't need 2 phones. its a waste. I already own 2 phones (got nokia lumia 820 from work and i barely touch him)
it's really a hard decision!

i like how the htc looks like . I was thinking also to replace the housing to blue like the U.S version.I like the storage (32gb)I really like the Sense UI (htc is doing a great job since windows mobile days)
I don't like the camera i also got the purple issue and in order to fix it i need to send the phone abroad and wait between 3 weeks to 8 weeks (still got international warranty for about 6 months)
i don't count boomsound because after i did the software update to android 4.3 it's like a normal speaker even the lumia sounds louder.

I know the g2 camera is awesome, the battery, and its a little faster.
if i stick with the g2 i will have 2 years warranty and if i have a problem it will be fixed in 2 days) and maybe i will have insurance also (no insurance for htc)
Theres also the issue that the o.system takes also space, from both of them, 32gb and 16gb
I was suppose to get the g2 today but since im sick it will have to wait a few days

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I know the g2 camera is awesome, the battery, and its a little faster.
if i stick with the g2 i will have 2 years warranty and if i have a problem it will be fixed in 2 days) and maybe i will have insurance also (no insurance for htc)
Theres also the issue that the o.system takes also space, from both of them, 32gb and 16gb
I was suppose to get the g2 today but since im sick it will have to wait a few days
I can't really see any advantage at all to the One. Except for the speakers, or maybe the button placement (a lot of people dislike the G2's funky button placement).

Other than that, it's a slam dunk for the G2. CPU and camera and battery will be significantly better. Like a night and day difference.

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
how did you win G2?

I work at a cellular company, We had a 2 months competition...
I think that i will go over the G2 just because i will have insurance over it,compared to the one.
On the one i have two years international warranty and i have to send the device to htc uk to get it fixed and its takes around 10 days. and it's no including damanges,or if it's get lost/stolen, etc
Regarding the low space on the g2 (8GB that you can use) , i found this pretty useful Mini MicroSD Card Reader by Meenova

Few more words about the htc.
It's an incredible device - i love the sense,boomsound,speed, and overall use. But one thing that i must to say -
htc should offer a housing replacment service for whose intrested!
I own the silver edition. The blue version is exclusively to bestbuy(US) and that's the most beautiful phone i have ever seen.(theres also vivid blue which is exclusively to carphonewarehouse UK)
Even if i choose to stick with the htc, there's nobody that can make that switch (not gonna do it by myself otherwise it would be bricked)

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't really see any advantage at all to the One. Except for the speakers, or maybe the button placement (a lot of people dislike the G2's funky button placement).

Other than that, it's a slam dunk for the G2. CPU and camera and battery will be significantly better. Like a night and day difference.

This will really come down to personal preference, but I for one strongly prefer HTC's UI to LG's. I also miss some of the One's camera features like Zoes and Highlight videos (Google+'s make this blow less hard, but they are not as good as HTCs). The One also feels much nicer in hand than the G2 because of the materials used. I don't think there is a cut and dry winner between the two phones. I personally would go with the HTC because I really, really do not like LG's skin.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I love the G2....it's a fantastic phone. I do think the build quality of the One and the Sense UI have the edge, but the G2 wins in pretty much all other aspects. This is the happiest I've been with a phone since I came into the smartphone market 6 years ago. I'm voting G2. If you are prone to breaking phones, I would say stick with the One, it is much more durable, but since you have the insurance on the G2, it's a mute point.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I also have the One and my daughter had the G2. Both phones are great. I really like the build of the One, the screen and the camera functionally.

On the other hand the G2 is a great size, the screen ain't as good but still very nice, really like the back button placement, camera is amazing and the battery is among the best in a smart phone.

With that said you'd lose 16 gigs of storage and that could be an issue. I think you can still get the 50 free gigs from Box...

Tough call

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

How much can you offload to box though. Isn't it only pics, user created videos and documents?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Keep the G2. It has better specs and the back button is very functional (control music, enter recovery, open camera, flashlight, quick memo, screenshot). Some don't like the LG UI, but you can root the phone and use Xposed to change the status bar, notification panel, soft keys, etc.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty