is there a nice android & windows 8 tablet comparable to pro 2 as far as specs?

shane7ny

Sep 17, 2011
dannyshane.net
Hey all.
Does anyone know of an android / windows 8.1 tablet that is powerful for real working environment as well as fast? I really like the asus book TD300 but it's not out yet and I just read it wont be until 3rd quarter.... I have the first asus transformer currently and a cheap asus laptop, but looking to get one device instead of the two. That TD300 looks perfect. So far it looks like just the surface pro 2, but it doesn't have android.

I would use it for quickbooks, remote connect to my desktop (GoToMyPC), photoshop, taking orders, and of course, some games! when I'm travelling.

Just figured I would check on this site in case people may know of a good tablet. I lovethe TD300 but cant wait.. and I feel like the only other tablet is the surface pro 2, but it doesn't have android. I read about xps 12 which seems really nice (I love how you can keep the keyboard with you), but hoping to find something without the fan vents on the bottom.

picky huh? :)

About to ride over to best buy just to browse. :)

Shane

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
There's of course the Asus T100.

Dell has the Venue 11 Pro which can be configured with Bay Trail, i3, or i5.

HP has two hybrids as well called the Pavilion 11 x2 and Pavilion 13 x2.

I would STRONGLY recommend the HP, as the Pavilion 11 x2 comes with a Bay Trail Pentium (which is more powerful than the Bay Trail T chips found in the Asus and the Dell), Windows 8.1 64-bit, and 4 GB of RAM. And it's cheaper than the Dell, too.

The keyboard dock of the 13 x2 can be had with a 500 GB internal drive and an external battery.

Last edited:

shane7ny

Sep 17, 2011
dannyshane.net
Thanks for reply.
I like the asus t100 especially for price. plus I love asus. I really want the asus td300, but cant wait that long.
do you know of anything in the same range/class as the surface pro 2 and asus TD300?
sorry to be a pain, I just want to make sure I buy something worthwhile. I already have the TF101 but too slow, and of course no windows 8.
thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781