- 01-24-2014, 01:58 PM #2
- 5 Posts
Re: Why cant I go back to 4.1 android with the reset?
it did...but on the 1st start up I decided to upgrade it. Then "mail" for god knows what reason started to drain 25% of my battery.....now I reset the whole phone and the mail drainage disappeared. Although the system is the updated 4.4.2. Weird.
- 01-24-2014, 03:31 PM #4
- 01-25-2014, 03:44 AM #5
Re: Why can't I go back to 4.1 android with the reset?
Yeah, the way Android firmware updates work is by replacing the system files, so the "factory data reset" is kind of a misnomer: you'll erase your user data, but the OS version will never go backwards. The only way to downgrade is to unlock the device bootloader and manually install an old system image.
- By slik6996 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 14Last Post: 01-28-2014, 01:43 PM
- By William Miller 3 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 1Last Post: 01-25-2014, 07:44 PM
- By MVe00987 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 3Last Post: 01-24-2014, 09:08 PM
- By Amir in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 01-24-2014, 02:12 PM
- By Elysium82 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-24-2014, 01:08 PM