Hey folks. Where I'm from we have HSPA+ and not yet LTE. Does Wifi use more power than HSPA+. What about when idle. I normally just enable Wifi for a few minutes at a time when I'm going to do some browsing etc. Do you guys leave your wifi on? Also, do you always leave on your 3G/4G connection? I tend to disable this too to save battery if I don't need it at the moment.
- 01-24-2014, 05:09 PM #2
Re: Wifi/4G Question
A 3G/4G connection uses more power when networking than using a WiFi network for internet access regarding phones these days. However, you should turn WiFi off when leaving home or an area where your phone has access to a WiFi network as the interval scans your phone will do whilst disconnected from a WiFi network will drain the battery quickly if you're not careful.
- By wessock in forum T-MobileReplies: 33Last Post: 07-26-2014, 10:04 PM
- By LiamC01 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 11Last Post: 05-30-2014, 08:39 PM
- By juliankingston2 in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 01-27-2014, 06:48 PM
- By David Chen Poh Seng in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-24-2014, 02:58 PM
- By tv658 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 01-24-2014, 11:58 AM