Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default New iPhone to Android switcher: how to replace AirPlay, Airport Express, and Apple TV?

Hi,

I've just switched to Android after using an iPhone for 4 years.

Whilst using my iPhone, I've found Airplay to be fantastic. I have an Apple TV connected to my non-smart TV. I used this, via Airplay, to show my iPhone photos on my TV. I also have an Apple Airport Express connected to my non-smart stereo system through the auxiliary input. I used this, via Airplay, to sling my music on my iPhone (both local tracks and Spotify) to my stereo speakers.

I am wondering how to accomplish these tasks now that I am on Android? I am willing to replace or supplement the Apple TV and the Airport Express with new Android-compatible receivers, but ideally I don't want to upgrade my TV or stereo system yet (e.g. with a smart TV / smart stereo).

Thanks for any advice.

Default Re: New iPhone to Android switcher: how to replace AirPlay, Airport Express, and Apple TV?

Get a Chromecast.

Chromecast
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default Re: New iPhone to Android switcher: how to replace AirPlay, Airport Express, and Apple TV?

Thanks for reply.

Are the photo apps on Android (Gallery and Photos) compatible with Chromecast? I can't tell.
    Chromecast may work for slinging media to my TV. However, it is has only been released in the US I believe. I am in the UK so would be happy to hear about any other solutions.
    Also, I assume Chromecast would not be suitable for slinging music to my stereo system (which is not connected to my TV).