New iPhone to Android switcher: how to replace AirPlay, Airport Express, and Apple TV?
I've just switched to Android after using an iPhone for 4 years.
Whilst using my iPhone, I've found Airplay to be fantastic. I have an Apple TV connected to my non-smart TV. I used this, via Airplay, to show my iPhone photos on my TV. I also have an Apple Airport Express connected to my non-smart stereo system through the auxiliary input. I used this, via Airplay, to sling my music on my iPhone (both local tracks and Spotify) to my stereo speakers.
I am wondering how to accomplish these tasks now that I am on Android? I am willing to replace or supplement the Apple TV and the Airport Express with new Android-compatible receivers, but ideally I don't want to upgrade my TV or stereo system yet (e.g. with a smart TV / smart stereo).
Thanks for any advice.
- 01-25-2014, 02:20 PM #2
Re: New iPhone to Android switcher: how to replace AirPlay, Airport Express, and Apple TV?
Thanks for reply.
Are the photo apps on Android (Gallery and Photos) compatible with Chromecast? I can't tell.
Chromecast may work for slinging media to my TV. However, it is has only been released in the US I believe. I am in the UK so would be happy to hear about any other solutions.
Also, I assume Chromecast would not be suitable for slinging music to my stereo system (which is not connected to my TV).
- By KT77 in forum Barnes & Noble Nook HD / HD+Replies: 2Last Post: 05-16-2014, 11:00 PM
- By david.karr in forum HTC One XReplies: 4Last Post: 01-31-2014, 12:57 AM
- By bjballar41 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 17Last Post: 01-27-2014, 04:07 PM
- By GBpfan95 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 01-25-2014, 05:42 PM
- By andy a in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 9Last Post: 01-25-2014, 02:35 PM