Google Acquires Artificial-Intelligence Company DeepMind
Well this acquisition could complement Boston Dynamics purchase. Is SkyNet on the horizon?
Google Inc. said it had acquired artificial-intelligence company DeepMind Technologies Ltd.
The company did not disclose the terms of the deal, but the tech website Recode reported that Google paid $400 million for the startup based in London.
On its website, which has just one page, DeepMind describes itself as a "cutting edge artificial intelligence company. We combine the best techniques from machine learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms."
According to the DeepMind website, the company was founded by Demis Hassabis, Shane Legg and Mustafa Suleyman.
Machine learning and artificial intelligence are key areas of research for the search giant. On its website, Google says it uses machine learning and artificial intelligence in its work on language, speech and translation. It isn't clear if the researchers from DeepMind will be working with Google in these areas.
- 01-27-2014, 09:35 PM #2
Re: Google Acquires Artificial-Intelligence Company DeepMind
Good sure is on a purchasing spree. Nothing wrong with that. Should be exciting to see Google pull these services into their own in the near future.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
- 01-28-2014, 09:13 AM #3
- By chachma in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 3Last Post: 02-15-2014, 10:03 AM
- By StLouisMan2 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 01-31-2014, 09:19 AM
- By PiggyMiddle in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 18Last Post: 01-28-2014, 01:37 PM
- By smalba in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 3Last Post: 01-26-2014, 12:11 PM
- By veederworld in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 01-26-2014, 09:24 AM