Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google discontinuing the nexus line???? *RUMOR*

so I was reading here that Google may discontinue the nexus line. I personally hope they do not, unless they have something up their sleeve ala moto being the new "nexus" Thoughts?

Default Re: Google discontinuing the nexus line???? *RUMOR*

Sounds like click bait
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by TomW093 View Post
    Sounds like click bait
    I figured with it being BGR it probably was, but then was thinking maybe google is done subsidizing other OEM's devices for the nexus line to focus more on their own Moto line and sliding that into the nexus tier of pricing.

This could change tomorrow, but so far Google has treated Motorola the same as they treat every other OEM, and I don't see them changing that relationship since it seems to be working so well. And as far as subsidizing devices, the costs would be around the same whether Motorola manufactured it, or Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, whoever.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by TomW093 View Post
    This could change tomorrow, but so far Google has treated Motorola the same as they treat every other OEM, and I don't see them changing that relationship since it seems to be working so well. And as far as subsidizing devices, the costs would be around the same whether Motorola manufactured it, or Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, whoever.
    Yes but with moto being owned by google it would be a way to try and help gain moto more sales and ultimately earn google more $$$ on top of what they already make

Google isn't concered with selling hardware. Their concern is gathering information from their services and turning the information into ad revenue. As long as a customer is using Google's services, whether they are using an LG phone, a Motorola phone, and even an iPhone, it's all the same to Google.

And discontinuing the Nexus line in favor of what Motorola may produce would be a major foul in the eyes of other OEMs, and probably not worth the backlash.

Global Posts
    3,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

The fact that people in this forum are even talking about it, means that BGR did it's job. That website is all iPhone, and most people know it.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

Only time will tell but I smell something that can only be desceibed as bs lol

Posted via Android Central App

It did say 2015 right? Implying there will be another one this year? Isn't that like saying there may not be an iphone 6s? Would Apple even know that so far in advance? Does Google?

That website sucks. Thanks for wasting our time.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by BuffOrange View Post
    It did say 2015 right? Implying there will be another one this year? Isn't that like saying there may not be an iphone 6s? Would Apple even know that so far in advance? Does Google?
    I am sure these companies have layouts for years in advance, if you think they go on a year by year basis, that is not the case. These designs have been in testing and planning for a long time before they actually make it into a product.

well...i think it was clear that at some point Motorola would be the next to produce a Nexus device!
    Moto X and Moto G i believe are like "betas"...

and the other OEMs have their Google Play Editions too...personally, i like expanding the stock experience to more phones!

sent from my Moto G <3

It makes sense really.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

But the fact is if you search the web you can find a rumor on ANYTHING these days...
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by nessinhaw View Post
    well...i think it was clear that at some point Motorola would be the next to produce a Nexus device!
    Moto X and Moto G i believe are like "betas"...

and the other OEMs have their Google Play Editions too...personally, i like expanding the stock experience to more phones!

sent from my Moto G <3
    I think moto already is essentially making nexus devices just without the name. They have near stock experience and just enough "enhancements" to really add to the core OS, and also get nearly nexus like updates.

ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

I think Moto Phones will become the new version of the Nexus line. The Moto X proves they can do it just fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    I think moto already is essentially making nexus devices just without the name. They have near stock experience and just enough "enhancements" to really add to the core OS, and also get nearly nexus like updates.
    In the absence of a Nexus line, phones like the Moto X will become the new stock Android. There is nothing else that will be more stock.

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    I think Moto Phones will become the new version of the Nexus line. The Moto X proves they can do it just fine now.
    Not if Motorola is no longer part of Google.
    Lenovo buys Motorola Mobility from Google

My guess is someone got wind of the news that Google was getting out of the smartphone business and assumed that meant the death of the Nexus line. The person never thought Google would be selling Motorola.

The Nexus line is pretty much a no brainer for Google, they have HW company take on the design and manufacture and probably the inventory risks and all Google have to do is market and distribute the devices.

I had hoped for a nexus with Motorola radio. Well maybe google kept that patent.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

Now that they sold Motorola i'd think there'd be more focus on the nexus line. Maybe they only brand the line..
    The "infraction"
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itic View Post
    Now that they sold Motorola i'd think there'd be more focus on the nexus line. Maybe they only brand the line..
    You'd think that.. but I'll throw in another rumor...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/rum...s-product.html
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums