Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android TV Boxes

Well I accidentally ordered two boxes long story so will spare you the extended version lol

The first was the MX2 which is great now given as a gift to my bro.

The Second is this- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00E...r-21&m1k=vb_ac

So apart from it being advertised as a 1.8ghz turns out its a 1.6ghz wether it can be overclocked is open to debate as that's what I gather. Anyway its had its day one niggles mainly xbmc which is far from stable but does work just have to tinker around but even then its not perfect. But when it works it's its great and when it doesn't you end up spending pointless hours trying to get it to.

The main issue for me is buffering which is extremely annoying. I have tried the maintenance tools and setting the cache to write to my external SD card. And various other tweaks.

I have reinstalled numerous times and its now streaming fine again. For how long who knows lol

Navi X can be hit and miss and grrr

These boxes are great and so could xbmc if a developer were to invest some time to make it stable.

Overall I'm happy with it and it offers a lot of value for little expenditure.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Android TV Boxes

You can install CheapCast to your TV Box. The autostart service feature is working now, so the app can start each time the device boot. Then you can cast YouTube or Play Music to it.

It's still not compatible with more useful ChromeCast apps like NetFlix, Plex and Real Player Cloud thoug.