1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What Do Ya Think?

I love my smartphone! I'm also fascinated by the ethics of technology ... or, more specifically, the perceptions and proclivities of society at-large regarding both the presence and usage of all these high-tech wonder machines that are either here now, or soon forthcoming {smartphones, Google Glass, etc}, and how they are forcing us to rethink concepts such as personal privacy, the public domain, and that murkish gray area which exists between a very long stretch of their common border.

Does anyone else have a similar interest? If so, perhaps we can swap some ideas!

Sent via Cyberspace

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: What Do Ya Think?

Technology is a game changer for sure. As for privacy, technology might have been a part of it, but it's mostly because of the NSA . Technology is not only advancing consumer electronics for personal pleasure, but in other areas like the medical field, etc. In fact, I see technology as a weapon in some sort of twisted way. O_O
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

George Orwell would surely have loved making modern-day smartphones the enemy of all mankind as the primary "tool of choice" wielded by Big Brother!

Many people today have antiquated notions of just what constitutes personal privacy. Like it or not, those principles are often inadvertently circumnavigated by modern technology. In some cases, though perhaps not all, we need to redefine those concepts. Failing to do so can only result in an ever-growing number of occasions where we take offense at the world around us.

Sent via Cyberspace

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Danny X-Ray View Post
    George Orwell would surely have loved making modern-day smartphones the enemy of all mankind as the primary "tool of choice" wielded by Big Brother!

Many people today have antiquated notions of just what constitutes personal privacy. Like it or not, those principles are often inadvertently circumnavigated by modern technology. In some cases, though perhaps not all, we need to redefine those concepts. Failing to do so can only result in an ever-growing number of occasions where we take offense at the world around us.

Sent via Cyberspace
    I'm guessing you're not a fan of social networking sites?
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    I'm guessing you're not a fan of social networking sites?
    Oh, I've got profiles all over the place. Some of them even resemble each other!

Sent via Cyberspace

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Danny X-Ray View Post
    Oh, I've got profiles all over the place. Some of them even resemble each other!

Sent via Cyberspace
    I only use Google+ and Skype. I'm a rarity