1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Well its probably no suprise to find that the Note 3 has better wifi connection than the Nexus 5. Well atleast that is my experiance.

The note 3 streams perfectly (youtube) whilst the Nexus buffers alot and struggles.

Yes we here in the north of scotland are well its like dialup compared to the 100mbps speeds you get in the states. We get a maximum at this time of 17mbps yeh crap but its fast enough although I wouldnt mind the 100mbps if im honest. And some in my area are stuck on 8mbps yup your reading that right lol

dont know if its the bands in the Nexus 5 but thats what I have observed.

Still I thoughly enjoy the Nexus 5 but im now reverting back to my Note 3 :-)

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: observations

That's unfortunate. Was this happening on a home connection? If so, would you notice any improvement after turning off wi-fi on your N5, then turning it on again and reconnecting to your network? Or how about rebooting the router? I've had the experience before where some devices connect fine to a router, but another one doesn't until I reboot the router.

Let me tell you something: your 8 MBPS speed is faster than what I was getting on Verizon's 4G LTE network in the heart of the Silicon Valley (usually about 5-6 MBPS). So don't feel so bad!

Not many people get 100mbps. Many people still don't have LTE phones and data plans are expensive in the US, carriers are greedy. Rarely you will find anyone getting 100mbps consistently unless they are right next to the LTE celltower. I believe they do some kind of throttling that show good speed when you do speed test, but for practical use it's generally not as good, at least from my experience it felt that way.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    That's unfortunate. Was this happening on a home connection? If so, would you notice any improvement after turning off wi-fi on your N5, then turning it on again and reconnecting to your network? Or how about rebooting the router? I've had the experience before where some devices connect fine to a router, but another one doesn't until I reboot the router.

Let me tell you something: your 8 MBPS speed is faster than what I was getting on Verizon's 4G LTE network in the heart of the Silicon Valley (usually about 5-6 MBPS). So don't feel so bad!
    Yes I have tried rebooting and restarting my router even restoring to default settings. The Nexus 5 in regards to browsing web pages on my home network is just fine its only when it comes to streaming that it buffers alot.

The Note 3 handles it fine without any hastle that is what led me to believe the reciever in the note 3 is better than the Nexus 5?

Also im not technical to understand this but you have the 2.4ghz and the 5ghz option. Well it seems when I went into hub settings the note 3 in using the 5ghz and the Nexus 5 the 2.4ghz option was all that was available.

Oh I still really enjoy the Nexus 5 but also when out the Note 3 holds the best carrier signal, while the Nexus 5 drops in areas where the Note 3 is fine.

Its not annoying me to the point I would part with the Nexus 5 though. (Well yet anyway lol).

I'm guessing your Nexus is on Kitkat. Is your Note? I remember reading about video playback problems on 4.4 as compared to 4.3.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by gallen14720 View Post
    I'm guessing your Nexus is on Kitkat. Is your Note? I remember reading about video playback problems on 4.4 as compared to 4.3.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Of course its the Nexus 5 and the 4.4.2 update lol joking aside my Note 3 is running X-Note v7. The Note 3 in my experiance has the more stable or better reciever? As it just glides with my home broadband and the Nexus 5 stuggles a bit.