Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Web browser

What do you hard core speed freak Android people (like me) use for a Web browser? I hate chrome, I think it's fat, cumbersome and slow. I want a better browser but there are so many out there that I don't know where to start. And old threads have no bearing because there are so many updates and so many new browsers out now. Did i mention I hated chrome?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Web browser

Quote Originally Posted by stratct View Post
    What do you hard core speed freak Android people (like me) use for a Web browser? I hate chrome, I think it's fat, cumbersome and slow. I want a better browser but there are so many out there that I don't know where to start. And old threads have no bearing because there are so many updates and so many new browsers out now. Did i mention I hated chrome?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
    I've used:

Dolphin browser: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...k.TunnyBrowser

Mozilla Firefox: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ozilla.firefox

Boat Browser: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...atbrowser.free

One Browser: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cent.ibibo.mtt

Next Browser: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iubang.browser

Maxathon: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.mx.browser

Opera: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....opera.browser

Puffin Browser: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oudmosa.puffin

UC Browser: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....UCMobile.intl

If I had to pick a top 3, it would be:

1. Maxathon

2. Dolphin Browser

3. Boat Browser
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

UJ95x likes this.

Global Posts
    8,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

My favorite is Chrome, but Dolphin browser and Opera Mini are really good too. Seem to be faster, but I've been using chrome for a long time and can't get myself to leave

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    wizzrah likes this.

Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    My favorite is Chrome, but Dolphin browser and Opera Mini are really good too. Seem to be faster, but I've been using chrome for a long time and can't get myself to leave

Chrome is alright. It's better than Firefox I think. On my One X, Firefox crashes a lot whereas Chrome has not crashed once.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Global Posts
    8,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Chrome is alright. It's better than Firefox I think. On my One X, Firefox crashes a lot whereas Chrome has not crashed once.
    I haven't tried it on mobile, but the desktop version is OK I guess. Still prefer Chrome on there too, and god forbid I ever have to use IE lol

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    ROM

I haven't tried it on mobile, but the desktop version is OK I guess. Still prefer Chrome on there too, and god forbid I ever have to use IE lol

I use Firefox on my desktop and it's fantastic for sure. You should also try Torch Browser if you like chrome.

Torch Web Browser - Your All in One Internet Browser

It's based on Chromium (or Chrome basically).

Hey, IE 11 is pretty good!

Global Posts
    8,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

I use Firefox on my desktop and it's fantastic for sure. You should also try Torch Browser if you like chrome.

Torch Web Browser - Your All in One Internet Browser

It's based on Chromium (or Chrome basically).

Hey, IE 11 is pretty good!
    Haven't tried IE11 lol
    Doesn't Ubuntu support actual Chrome now?

Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    ROM

Haven't tried IE11 lol
    Doesn't Ubuntu support actual Chrome now?

I don't know. I know there's a chromium browser which is basically chrome.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    8,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

I don't know. I know there's a chromium browser which is basically chrome.

I know they only had Chromium at first. Not sure about now, but I'm pretty sure that the official one is supported

Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    ROM

I know they only had Chromium at first. Not sure about now, but I'm pretty sure that the official one is supported

Chrome for Linux:

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/w00t.html

I did use opera before and i liked the text wrapping and nav bar option down on screen.
    But since the december update of firefox ive gone with that instead. Being able to use addons like adblock and ghostery is great.

I've tested boat, puffin, uc, dolphin, maxthon for a very short period but none of them were to my liking.
    I have never tested chrome though, never used it on computer (firefox there) so wont use it on android either.

Next Browser is my favorite!

sent from my Moto G <3

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I mostly stick with Chrome as it syncs everything with my Google account.

Ugh Chrome sucks bad for me nowadays. I use naked Browser sometimes:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...v.nakedbrowser

Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Ugh Chrome sucks bad for me nowadays. I use naked Browser sometimes:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...v.nakedbrowser

You should try Next Browser.

I love Chrome on Android but actually use FireFox for Android more because of it's Desktop version that I find to be the most customizable browser and I use it to sync between all my devices (Laptop, GS3, Desktop).

Global Posts
    3,934 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanra View Post
    I love Chrome on Android but actually use FireFox for Android more because of it's Desktop version that I find to be the most customizable browser and I use it to sync between all my devices (Laptop, GS3, Desktop).
    Yes! I like how you can install add-ons on the mobile version of Firefox.

I use chrome and boat browser on my phone. I wish I could use firefox but for some reason it doesnt have text reflow and big fonts when on a website

Sent from my Galaxy