Pop up SMS notifications that stay on screen

Gastrodoc

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Are there any android apps or combination of apps that can mimic the exact way sms notifications are handled on ios ..that is a text message preview will appear on the screen and stay on the screen even after the screen times out, so that when you turn your device back on, you will still see the the message ... In the Android system, it seems that you have to go to the lock screen first after a timeout, then go to your home screen, then pull down the notification screen to see incoming sms text. I much prefer the "sticky" screen behavior of the ios, whereby sms messages will remain until you swipe them away, even after screen turn off.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Try DashClock - it's a clock widget that you can also put on your lockscreen. It has tons of extensions available. There are also a number of 3rd party SMS apps that will wake the screen up whenever you get a message (a feature I really DON'T like but can see how other people might like). Personally I like Textra (it has this feature). I'm not sure if this will get you exactly what you want, but you should be able to get something working reasonably close. Hopefully someone else can give you more specific advice.

j14woods

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have handcent and its does that, wakes the screen up for a moment to show you the message then it goes off but when you unlock the screen the message box is still up.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy