!HELP! Safestrap Verizon Galaxy s4

nettles369

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Okay so i have a verizon galaxy s4 running mj7. I had installed safestrap. I was attempting to install google wallet with this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2303325 when i installed the zip with safestrap my phone came up saying nfc stopped working every few seconds. This made the phone lag extremely so i used safestrap to wipe the data on everything except sd card ( i had it removed). When i clicked reboot system the phone got stuck on the samsung galaxy s4 start up screen. if i remove the battery and try again the same thing happens Desperately need help! btw i am able to access the 3e recovery not safestrap.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like a soft brick (bootloop) So you will have to download the specific firmware for your device (Sammobile) then flash that and start all over again dude.

Anyone with alternatives?

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay so i have a verizon galaxy s4 running mj7. I had installed safestrap. I was attempting to install google wallet with this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2303325 when i installed the zip with safestrap my phone came up saying nfc stopped working every few seconds. This made the phone lag extremely so i used safestrap to wipe the data on everything except sd card ( i had it removed). When i clicked reboot system the phone got stuck on the samsung galaxy s4 start up screen. if i remove the battery and try again the same thing happens Desperately need help! btw i am able to access the 3e recovery not safestrap.

Sounds like you might have deleted your OS.

Can you boot into download mode? Volume down + home + power

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
How would i flash it? would odin work being i used safe strap? how would i use odin?

You would flash that with Odin. Doing that will replace SafeStrap with the stock recovery.
Can you boot into download? If you can't, it's probably because you deleted your OS, in which case flashing that might not help

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure you can use odin

1) Download Kies 3 (for Drivers)

2) Download Odin 3.09

3) Download your specific firmware

4) Put phone into download mode (Turn off phone wait until it's off - hold power+home+volume down - once you see something on screen hit volume up=download mode)

5) open odin make sure there is a blue bar+added in the status bar.

6) place your firmware download into the AP and make sure it's ticked.

7) Hit Start and you should then flash the stock firmware and you have a working Note 3 again.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure you can use odin

1) Download Kies 3 (for Drivers)

2) Download Odin 3.09

3) Download your specific firmware

4) Put phone into download mode (Turn off phone wait until it's off - hold power+home+volume down - one you see something on screen hit volume up=download mode)

5) open odin make sure there is a blue bar+added in the status bar.

6) place your firmware download into the AP and make sure it's ticked.

7) Hit Start and you should then flash the stock firmware and you have a working Note 3 again.

Hope this helps.

You don't need Kies for drivers, you can get those from sammobile I believe, but I guess that works too. Oh, and he has an S4 not a Note 3 :)

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh yes wooopsie a working S4 lack of sleep my friend lol

I know the feeling of being stuck in a bootloop happened to me when I was flashing 4.4.2 well not that but when it came to flashing a custom recovery. Duh I foolishly tried one for JB not realising I had to flash the latest for kitkat lol but quite easy to resolve and yes you can get drivers from Sammobile I just find it easier to install Kies lol

nettles369

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I can open download mode and i just re installed the drivers but odin doesnt recognize my device. Any Solution? it tones to recognize a device is plugged into the computer but it does not show in the file browser or odin. am i using old drivers or something?

nettles369

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
is it because i accidentally deleted the storage structure so it no longer recognizes it as a drivet? is there any solution? could i possibly asign it a drive letter or something?

nettles369

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Thank you guys so much for all of your help! im so sorry for taking up your time! i realised that instead of going into recovery mode (volume up + home+lock) i needed to go into download mode (Volume DOWN+ home +lock) i thought the two were synonymous! just flashed a clean rom onto my phone!!! the relief i felt was almost palatable!!! Thank you so much guys i am so sorry i'm such a noob!!! i should have never attempted this in the first place, my skill set isn't there yet.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys so much for all of your help! im so sorry for taking up your time! i realised that instead of going into recovery mode (volume up + home+lock) i needed to go into download mode (Volume DOWN+ home +lock) i thought the two were synonymous! just flashed a clean rom onto my phone!!! the relief i felt was almost palatable!!! Thank you so much guys i am so sorry i'm such a noob!!! i should have never attempted this in the first place, my skill set isn't there yet.

We were all there at some point, so don't worry about asking for help. It's easy once you do of a few times.
Glad you got it fixed. See you around the forums :)

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

As UJ95x mentioned no need to apologies we were all first timers at some point and hey I have soft bricked mine due to not paying attention lol don't feel put off. it is possible to hard brick I won't deny but more often you will soft brick and that is fixable by flashing firmware.

We are helpful on these forums and I would like to say that most will offer help when required we all share a common interest phones and android so hello and welcome and don't be afraid to ask.

----------------------------------

Big Bang Theory Rules and that was typed using my thumbs and my Note 3 on 4.4.2 kitkat & X-Note 8 Rom.

CorbinR

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my Verizon Samsung s4 with Safestrap and now I can't go back to the main home screen all. I can go into Odin buy don't know how to fix my phone back to normal with no root. Please help.

kdaddyalwayz

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Now I am having the same problem. I can't get my Odin to recognize my device, I have done everything I can, but I can't get it to come up to load the drivers and ROMs onto it. I can adb the ROMs onto the SD card, but when I load the ROMs onto the system it will boot up, but when it would normally go to the samsung screen it turns blue with pink lines. I don't know what else to do.

SCH-I9505 - I was trying to flash Slimkat 4.4.2 onto my phone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz