Phone - Malicious hacking

rap1

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
NBC news tonight was talking about the Olympics and how bad the hacking into electronics is there. Hacked Within Minutes: Sochi Visitors Face Internet Minefield - Video on NBCNews.com About 1:35 in, they take a new Samsung smartphone to a restaurant and browse for some Olympic info. Immediately it shows it downloading something. I don't understand security enough. Is it just that they are using an untrusted wifi that is downloading or something else going on. They aren't just picking on Android. They show two Macbook Air computers being hacked in the hotel room. They basically say expect to be hacked and don't take any sensitive info.

Not that I'm going to Sochi, just trying to improve my knowledge of security.

JigJames

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't even need to go to Sochi...I have that mobogenie apk automatically downloading on my device at least 10 times a day, lol.

On a serious note...s$%t...while everyone is putting more and more of their life on line, thieves are constantly dreaming up ways to rob us blind.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
It's yellow journalism + antivirus companies propaganda to get more sales. Russia isn't the only place you can get hacked. Practice data safety anywhere you go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad