1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I need your opinions please!

I'm on Straight Talk, that being said I'm looking at either the Nexus 5 or Moto X. I literally cannot pick which phone to get. The only negatives I have have for each phone are. The Nexus 5 is to big for my hands, but k could get used to it. And the Moto X doesn't come with a color scheme I want. (I know sounds rediculous) but if I'm going to buy a phone I want it to be mine. I'm very picky. But both of these phones are great and I honestly need some opinions to push me in a direction.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Get the Moto X. I'm not sure what you mean by a color scheme that you like, but the Nexus 5 only has 3 color options. The X has a lot more, so any color scheme you can get on the N5 can be had on the X

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Default Re: I need your opinions please!

I just returned a Moto X to republic wireless. But Not for anything with the Moto X but the republic service just wasn't working for me. I will be getting another Moto X on Solavei which is just T-Mobile sevice but cheaper. The Touchless Controls and Active Display Notifications were simply the best new features I have had in a smart phone in years. The performance was amazing with the display being smoother for motion, just made games awesome.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    I just returned a Moto X to republic wireless. But Not for anything with the Moto X but the republic service just wasn't working for me. I will be getting another Moto X on Solavei which is just T-Mobile sevice but cheaper. The Touchless Controls and Active Display Notifications were simply the best new features I have had in a smart phone in years. The performance was amazing with the display being smoother for motion, just made games awesome.
    How about the camera? And battery life?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Get the Moto X. I'm not sure what you mean by a color scheme that you like, but the Nexus 5 only has 3 color options. The X has a lot more, so any color scheme you can get on the N5 can be had on the X

Well what I mean is that I went to the website to customize the phone and I wasnt impressed with the colors at all. The two colors I like Orange and The blue that the Carolina Panthers have aren't even close to viable options. All the other colors I can't put up with haha. And plane black phones are getting old to look at to me at least.

Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by longtime44 View Post
    Well what I mean is that I went to the website to customize the phone and I wasnt impressed with the colors at all. The two colors I like Orange and The blue that the Carolina Panthers have aren't even close to viable options. All the other colors I can't put up with haha. And plane black phones are getting old to look at to me at least.

If I had to choose I'd go all black or all white with either red or blue accents.
    Either way, you get better options than with the N5

Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Battery life is better on the X, camera is slightly better on the Nexus

Battery life was great a full day with above avg usage. My normal usage is light so I got 2 days easily. The camera imo was better than avg with the nexus 5 beating the Moto x here but not by much.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Are updates important to you?

Posted via Android Central App
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    Are updates important to you?

Posted via Android Central App
    I'm still running Gingerbread. So there are a ton of apps that my phone can't handle and won't even let me download them because its not compatible. Theres no way to update this phone unless I root. And I'm not doing that. Its the price I paid for not learnig more about straight talk branded smartphones.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I'm still running Gingerbread. So there are a ton of apps that my phone can't handle and won't even let me download them because its not compatible. Theres no way to update this phone unless I root. And I'm not doing that. Its the price I paid for not learnig more about straight talk branded smartphones.

Its a good lesson to learn! But if updates are important to you then Nexus 5 might be the way to go! However Moto has done a good job so far. Just the Nexus 5 will have better update support in the long run if you do not plan to root and flash custom ROMs.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    Its a good lesson to learn! But if updates are important to you then Nexus 5 might be the way to go! However Moto has done a good job so far. Just the Nexus 5 will have better update support in the long run if you do not plan to root and flash custom ROMs.
    Sometimes I hate having so many options haha. I guess at this point it will come down to which on feels better in my hand. I have small man hands so that's a big issue. If the Nexus 5 and its 5 inch screen fits good I'll take that otherwise I'm going with moto x. The way I see it is the moto x will update the same software as the nexus but it will take a week or two longer which I'm ok with waiting.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Sometimes I hate having so many options haha. I guess at this point it will come down to which on feels better in my hand. I have small man hands so that's a big issue. If the Nexus 5 and its 5 inch screen fits good I'll take that otherwise I'm going with moto x. The way I see it is the moto x will update the same software as the nexus but it will take a week or two longer which I'm ok with waiting.

Sounds good and like a fair plan. The Moto x does look pretty nice. I won't lie! Let us know what you end up going with.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)