Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android OS

Hi,I noticed today that when I looked at my battery stats it only showed Android OS in the list at 100%. I know this can't be right. My phone is operating just fine and I don't have a clue why the other applications aren't in that list. My computer is down at the moment so I couldn't post a photo. I tried asking this question earlier, But I got a rude user just blurting off the wall. Any suggestions would be great.

USMC97

Default Re: Android OS

Hi--sorry that you had a rude encounter here! Let's start with your phone's make and model, as well as the version of Android that it's running.

Also, when you saw the 100% Android OS usage, for how long had the phone been on after being unplugged from the charger? If it was only a few minutes, this doesn't tell us much, since if you haven't been doing much else with the phone, the OS will likely be the highest proportionate user of the battery

If your phone has the ability to wipe the system cache partition, this might help correct things. But we need to know which phone first.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. I have a sprint galaxy note2 running 4.3 software and model is sph-L900. I took phone off charger at 8am this morning but I just noticed this about 2 hours ago and I've been doing a lot on my phone all day. I wished I could have posted a screen shot. Like I said, the phone is running normal with no lags or rapid battery drain.

USMC97

Ok, try wiping the system cache partition using these instructions: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6768
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok, I'll do it now. Thanks.

USMC97

I've seen my Galaxy S4 do that as well. For some reason it just happens for a day or two and my battery life is normal during that time.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yeah. Mine is back to normal now.

USMC97

Did it normalize on its own, or do you think the cache partition wipe helped?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

It done it on it's own.

USMC97