Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By neonworm
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default why does it seem like the iPhone lasts longer then droid?

Like even though the android has a bigger battery it seems like like the iPhone lasts longer in every aspect. Why is this?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: why does it seem like the iPhone lasts longer then droid?

It depends what Android Phone you are talking about. Some android phones have batteries that last longer than the iPhone (For example, the Note 3, Droid MAXX, etc), and some don't last as long as the iPhone.

Which android phones have you tested this with?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

"..than droid"

The DROID line is exclusive to Verizon.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    "..than droid"

The DROID line is exclusive to Verizon.
    I know that, I just got confused because he put Droid in the title and then Android in the post. This is because some people call all android phones "Droids."
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Compare screen sizes. A bigger screen is going to use more power, period. If Apple ever builds a phone with a 5" screen, I suspect you'll see people complaining about its battery life, too.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Compare screen sizes. A bigger screen is going to use more power, period. If Apple ever builds a phone with a 5" screen, I suspect you'll see people complaining about its battery life, too.
    That is a good point, but with a bigger screen comes a bigger case, and with a bigger case comes a bigger battery.

Google Now can take up a bunch of battery, too. iPhone users complained pretty heavily that their battery life was terrible with Google Now on.

FWIW, my wife and I get similar battery life with her iPhone 5 and my Galaxy S4 and I have many location based Google Now cards on and some location based Tasker profiles.

I use Google now, but it doesn't eat battery, on my Moto X still gets 5+ hours of screen on time.

How much battery gNow uses depends a lot on how you have it configured. The more cards you turn on, the more battery it's going to use. On my phone, I notice very little difference in battery life with it on or off. The iPhone version may not be nearly as well integrated and efficient as the Android version, though.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Global Posts
    3,619 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

It's because Apple has complete control of everything. Apple has iOS completely power optimized for their hardware. Their hardware is completely optimized to deliver what they want iOS to do. With nothing extra they don't need (like more CPU cores to pad the spec sheet) power efficiency is maximized.

Beamed via my Nexus 7 from the AC Forums app.

Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    It's because Apple has complete control of everything. Apple has iOS completely power optimized for their hardware. Their hardware is completely optimized to deliver what they want iOS to do. With nothing extra they don't need (like more CPU cores to pad the spec sheet) power efficiency is maximized.

Beamed via my Nexus 7 from the AC Forums app.
    Android OEM's have complete control, too. They can put whatever hardware they want in it and modify Android however they want. Many of them choose not to use that to their advantage, though. The new Motorola phones (e.g. Moto X) use it to their advantage and get great battery performance.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Apple has more control over its hardware AND software. Where as Android is more like the wild, wild west. Unless its a Nexus device.

Global Posts
    3,619 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by garublador View Post
    Many of them choose not to use that to their advantage, though. .
    That is correct. I find the battery on my Moto X to be acceptable. My iPhone 5 handily beats it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by xxventanaxx View Post
    why does it seem like the iPhone lasts longer then droid?
    Marketing and confirmation bias from Apple owners. No, really.

Objective tests show this is clearly not true. The Droid Maxx alone gets significantly better battery life than any iPhone, and several Android phones are even better than that.

Even on the last benchmark, several Android phones are very close.

Keep in mind this is with stock batteries also. Many Android phones allow upgradable batteries that will stretch this even further. My BF's Galaxy S3 with extended battery will last 2 days easy, even with everything turned on.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by xxventanaxx View Post
    Like even though the android has a bigger battery it seems like like the iPhone lasts longer in every aspect. Why is this?

Posted via Android Central App
    Better optimization mainly. But you can have some rogue apps causing battery drain as well with android which you Dont have nearly as much with IOS. Google is notorious for this with some of their apps.

@JeffDenver
    oh holy ... . Thank for it great info.
    All prepaid plans on one website: www.allprepaidplans.com