Did I lose my contacts?

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I shipped my HTC One in to the warranty center to get the pink tint repaired but before that I called and the guy instructed me on how to back up my contacts. I did it as he said and I specifically remember my google contacts have like 128 people or something and my sim had like 30. I plugged the sim into my old iphone 4s and I noticed that I didn't have some contacts and when I went to google contacts I saw that I only had around 50. My question is, what happened to my contacts? Is it because I went from Android to iPhone so it won't show up on iPhone but will on Android? I have no idea really. My only other question is would they factory reset my phone?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Did I lose my contacts?

I shipped my HTC One in to the warranty center to get the pink tint repaired but before that I called and the guy instructed me on how to back up my contacts. I did it as he said and I specifically remember my google contacts have like 128 people or something and my sim had like 30. I plugged the sim into my old iphone 4s and I noticed that I didn't have some contacts and when I went to google contacts I saw that I only had around 50. My question is, what happened to my contacts? Is it because I went from Android to iPhone so it won't show up on iPhone but will on Android? I have no idea really. My only other question is would they factory reset my phone?

Thanks!
Not sure why your contacts were not backed up to gmails contacts...but that repair job should not require them to reset your phone or even touch any of the main logic board parts which contain the storage drive.

When you get it back go through your backup settings and see what isn't turned on.

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Did I lose my contacts?

They factory reset it and now my google contacts are half of what they originally were

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01