Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chex313
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did I lose my contacts?

I shipped my HTC One in to the warranty center to get the pink tint repaired but before that I called and the guy instructed me on how to back up my contacts. I did it as he said and I specifically remember my google contacts have like 128 people or something and my sim had like 30. I plugged the sim into my old iphone 4s and I noticed that I didn't have some contacts and when I went to google contacts I saw that I only had around 50. My question is, what happened to my contacts? Is it because I went from Android to iPhone so it won't show up on iPhone but will on Android? I have no idea really. My only other question is would they factory reset my phone?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Default Re: Did I lose my contacts?

Quote Originally Posted by stepaul8 View Post
    I shipped my HTC One in to the warranty center to get the pink tint repaired but before that I called and the guy instructed me on how to back up my contacts. I did it as he said and I specifically remember my google contacts have like 128 people or something and my sim had like 30. I plugged the sim into my old iphone 4s and I noticed that I didn't have some contacts and when I went to google contacts I saw that I only had around 50. My question is, what happened to my contacts? Is it because I went from Android to iPhone so it won't show up on iPhone but will on Android? I have no idea really. My only other question is would they factory reset my phone?

Thanks!
    Not sure why your contacts were not backed up to gmails contacts...but that repair job should not require them to reset your phone or even touch any of the main logic board parts which contain the storage drive.

When you get it back go through your backup settings and see what isn't turned on.
    N5 Black 32GB (5.1.1), N4 (5.1), iphone 5 (ios 8.1), ONE+64GB, N7(5.1.1) AT&T
    Thanked by:
    stepaul8 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Did I lose my contacts?

They factory reset it and now my google contacts are half of what they originally were

Posted via Android Central App