Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Post Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?
  2. #2  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowming View Post
    Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?
    This is entirely based on ones opinion. I like Sammy better mainly because I like the OS on the device. But over all I think HTC makes some of the best hardware around!
  3. #3  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,537 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    This will b a fun thread. Besides os, and smaller screen. The build quality is better on iPhone then Samsung

    Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    Johnly, ffejjj and Haalcyon like this.
  4. #4  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,961 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Because some people like plastic, rooting their phones (or carrier bloat) and amoled screens.


    Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    Live long and prosper.


  5. #5  

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowming View Post
    Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?
    Depends on what you value in a device. Samsung offers high resolution screens compared to iPhone on their high end devices. They also offer removable batteries and micro SD slots. They also have the entire android operating system which in itself is a compelling advantage over an iPhone depending on what phone you get. Another thing is do you prefer Google or Apple having your personal information? There are many factors you have to weigh l, so no one company is better than other. But I vastly prefer Samsung to Apple personally.

    Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    Pasco08 likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    When you say Samsung phones vs Apple phones, you're talking more interm of the hardware, this depend on your needs. With Android you have a wider selection in price range. If you don't need something highend you can get an affordable phone like a Moto G just as well. You get more hardware choices for Android.
    Here are some of the things you can get from Android devices like iOS hardware may lack:
    -Different screen sizes and form factor to choose from.
    -Full HD screen, 1080p. (iPhone 5s screen have only 35% number of pixels in comparison to 1080p screen. Soon it'll they'll be 2560x1440 screens for Android.
    -More powerful CPU. (Empirically it's true. We're up to 8cores CPU now running high freq and more efficient. It's up the manufacturer create a smooth software experience, third party UI like Samsung's Touchwiz slow things down, but it's not true for all Android phones. Apple don't need as powerful CPU since they are well optimize and less multitasking.)
    -More available ram, useful for memory intensive programs like Google Earth.
    -(Some phones) Removable battery.
    -(Some phones) MicroSD slot.
    -(Some phones) Wireless charging.
    -(Some phones) IR blaster.
    -Universal standard USB port, not proprietary. Also ability to transfer files by drag and drop instead of needing iTunes.
    -Near Field Communication (NFC), for using RFID tags and wireless payment.

    Imo, soon Android camera will be better than iPhone, Apple have more expertise in post processing software to get good results with their photos, that's where Android manufacturer haven't caught up.

    With this, I have caused a lot of **** hurt so I will quickly leave this thread.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    For me it was the larger screen size on my S4, SD card, and more options to customize things (widgets, etc).

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    I think both are good, no better one

    Sent from iNew V3 using Tapatalk
    Haalcyon likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowming View Post
    Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?
    Why Samsung phones are better FOR ME PERSONALLY:

    -Large High PPI Super AMOLED displays, I like the incredible contrast and vivid colours
    -MicroSD memory expansion
    -Android OS
    -TouchWiz with its S Features, Multi window multi task and memory clipboard
    -Less PC Dependant, I can manage my music, videos etc... on my S4 without having to depend on a PC
    -USB OTG/USB Host
    -Customizability (widgets, home launchers, keyboards etc...)
    -Standard MicroUSB port I never have to worry about always carrying my charger or USB cable
    -File Transfer: be it through Bluetooth or NFC using WiFi Direct etc...it's great to just be able to share Photos and Videos without having to have a Internet connection going.

    I do own an iPad, it does what it does well but it has many MANY limitations, many times my GS4 comes into the rescue.
    Samsung GALAXY S 4 32GB Exynos Octa Black Mist
    Samsung GALAXY S II 16GB Ceramic White
    Apple iPad4 WiFi+3G/LTE 16GB
  10. #10  
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowming View Post
    Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?
    - Expandable (and cheap) storage - Not just Micro SD but USB OTG as well
    - Upgradable batteries
    - 3rd party app integration (make any app the default for anything)
    - Ability to sideload and bypass the official market
    - Higher resolution displays and better PPI
    - Less breakable (no really)
    - More customization
  11. #11  
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by coolicool View Post
    I think both are good, no better one
    If neither is really better then you should get the cheaper one, right?
  12. #12  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,961 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    If neither is really better then you should get the cheaper one, right?
    Even if neither is better you may still prefer one and the one you prefer may not be the lowest cost. In example, I don't think Honda is better than Toyota but I prefer Honda.


    Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    Live long and prosper.


  13. #13  
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Even if neither is better you may still prefer one
    In which case, one really is better, right?

    The argument works wither way. On a technical level, yes, one is better. On a subjective level...one is still better. The argument that they are equal is false IMO either way.
  14. #14  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,961 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    In which case, one really is better, right?

    The argument works wither way. On a technical level, yes, one is better. On a subjective level...one is still better. The argument that they are equal is false IMO either way.
    That, to me, is because of your criteria for "better". To some the Moto X is technically better than the G2 because it is better optimized to make use of its hardware and touchless controls. To others, the G2 is technically better because of its more contemporary chipset, higher resolution screen, and superior camera.

    Which phone is objectively technically better?


    Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    Live long and prosper.


  15. #15  

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    I'm not a fan of Samsung devices, HTC, certain LG's and Moto (Moto X & G) are good, but iPhones aren't bad, they definitely do have good build quality which is a 1up over Samsung's crummy hard (and slippery) plastic builds. But Apple has their share of problems too with the iPhones
    Motorola Moto X (rooted/unlocked 4.4.2)
    HTC One X (4.1.1)
    Asus Memo Pad 10 ME301T (rooted 4.2.1)
  16. #16  
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    That, to me, is because of your criteria for "better". To some the Moto X is technically better than the G2 because it is better optimized to make use of its hardware and touchless controls.
    And if touchless controls are what you like most, then the Moto X really is better. It's not the same, it is better.

    To others, the G2 is technically better because of its more contemporary chipset, higher resolution screen, and superior camera.
    And if specs are what you care about most, the G2 is better. They are not the same.

    So even in these instances, they are still not equal.

    Which phone is objectively technically better?
    The G2 objectively has a higher resolution screen and better PPI. It is not subjective. That is an objective measure.
  17. #17  
    jade44's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    we can say that the galaxy s4 is better than the iphone 5s or the iphone is better, the question now it is for which use, technicaly the galaxy are always better even the samsung galaxy s5 will probabely be better but every one like this or that phone for its reasons, personaly I like the cheap smartphones because I don't need a super high phones with 2k screen and no autonomy they are useless for me and too expensives
    Last edited by jade44; 02-19-2014 at 01:45 PM.
  18. #18  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,961 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    And if touchless controls are what you like most, then the Moto X really is better. It's not the same, it is better.


    And if specs are what you care about most, the G2 is better. They are not the same.

    So even in these instances, they are still not equal.


    The G2 objectively has a higher resolution screen and better PPI. It is not subjective. That is an objective measure.
    However, these depend on the 'IF' statements in you've listed. ...and whether or not those are important to one is subjective. It, again, depends on the criteria for what is "better". If raw paper specs is more important A is better. If touchless controls are more important B is better. Who decides whether A or B themselves are more important? The customer, of course, but that decision is subjective. Even if it were based on price. Who is to say that seeking the lower priced option is better? Some may be seeking the higher priced option with an inference that you get what you pay for. So to some, the higher priced option would automatically be "better" if it boilded down to price. To some, the lowest cost option would be "better" because they're wanting to spend the least amount of money.


    Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    Live long and prosper.


  19. #19  
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    However, these depend on the 'IF' statements in you've listed.
    Of course they do. No phone is the best at everything. What is "best" depends on what you are using it for.

    Likewise, none of them are equal. They are all better at some things than other phones.

    ...and whether or not those are important to one is subjective.
    Which is what I said. I outlined some instances where Apple phones would be better. I have been saying this since the beginning.

    I stated the opinion that for MOST people Apple phones will not be better. Saying "it's just a matter of preference, all phones are equal" is clearly not true. None of them are equal to each other. What is "best" depends on what you value and use it for.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    The G2 objectively has a higher resolution screen and better PPI. It is not subjective. That is an objective measure.
    It also have horrible color calibration. When its an LCD screen that's more saturated than some AMOLED screen, there's a problem.
  21. #21  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,961 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    What is "best" depends on what you value and use it for.
    We could have saved a lot of each other's time if I hadn't overlooked where you stated that before.
    Either way, I'm happy to be part of the Apple minority right now.


    Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    Live long and prosper.


  22. #22  
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    We could have saved a lot of each other's time if I hadn't overlooked where you stated that before.
    Either way, I'm happy to be part of the Apple minority right now.
    Like I said, if you have deep pockets, and do not care about the stuff iOS *can't* do (and a lot of people don't) you should buy Apple. I have recommended Apple in the past to people who meet these criteria.
  23. #23  
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    It also have horrible color calibration. When its an LCD screen that's more saturated than some AMOLED screen, there's a problem.
    I would argue that saturation is something you can fix (I was able to do that on my Nexus 4). You can't fix low resolution/PPI though.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    I like Samsung better, better product but this is also just opinion. I look at it this way Apple uses Samsung hardware clearly they are doing something right.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Depends on what you value in a device. Samsung offers high resolution screens compared to iPhone on their high end devices. They also offer removable batteries and micro SD slots. They also have the entire android operating system which in itself is a compelling advantage over an iPhone depending on what phone you get. Another thing is do you prefer Google or Apple having your personal information? There are many factors you have to weigh l, so no one company is better than other. But I vastly prefer Samsung to Apple personally.

    Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    This.
    A895 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. how to get pics and videos out when am stuck in samsung logo
    By Khalid Al Ghamdi in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2014, 01:35 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 01:07 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 02:28 PM
  4. how to get pics and videos out when am stuck in samsung logo
    By Khalid Al Ghamdi in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 12:52 PM
  5. Samsung Update! Kitkat 4.4.2
    By officialclar in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions