Converting your old phone into a Bluetooth receiver?

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I own a Nokia BH505 (the sound quality is terrible but I'm pretty sure mine is a Chinese knock off; I bought them for 20 bucks), and the convenience of having wireless headphones is immense.

I have a few old phones lying around (a Nokia XpressMusic 5800, a few Blackberry Curves etc.), and I was contemplating the idea of somehow converting them into Bluetooth receivers, where I can plug in any pair of headphones or a line out and control it with my phone.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Another idea is to teardown the BH505 and do something similar..

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
There's a handful of apps on the market that lets you do this, I've played with some, I don't have a BT transmitter yet but thinking of getting one but I have had it setup with my laptop to transmit audio and it worked great, I use one of those radio RF wireless headphones right now for when I walk around the house listening to music and signal can be iffy at times.

rthomas529

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Old android devices are free and if quality isn't an issue this is a perfect solution and have it implemented with a pair of aux speakers hidden on top of my cabinets. It works great for wireless calls and spotify and so forth.

MuchThump

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm also interested in this. Also wanted to know if I could turn my phone into a bluetooth transceiver to hook up to my ps3, so I could use wired headphones with a mic as a gaming headset. Anyone know if there are any apps that help with this?

The idea is to use the bluetooth feature on my ps3 to be able to use non battery powered headphones w/mic for gaming. Wanting to use my phone as the intermediary between ps3 and my earbuds.

Anyone able to explain why this might be or might not be possible?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084