what are some good apps?

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
You'll probably get more responses if you say what things you're interested in, such as games, cameras/photo editing, etc.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for some new apps to try any suggestions?
Evolve SMS - This is so smooth and intuitive that it feels like a native Google app.

Box.Com - The best cloud storage available right now. They have made massive improvements this year in both their app and website. And they offer the most free storage still I think.

Dropbox - I do not use it as much as Box.com anymore, but it is still an excellent app and service.

Life360 - Great replacement for the now-dead Google Latitude.

Firefox and Chrome - Each has their strengths, but both are better than any native browser I have tried so far...including Safari on the iPhone.

Google Keep - Awesome checklist/note app. Fast and smooth and intuitive with internet backup.

Taptu - The best news aggregator I have tried so far. Awesome and flexible UI. Easy to back up. It is like Pulse, but better.

Nova Launcher Prime - Still the gold standard of launchers. Better than GEL on my Nexus 5.

Solid Explorer - All the major file managers have improved a lot, but none of them have Solid Explorer's functionality. The UI has been polished a lot in the last 6 months or so.

Team Battery Bar - This app places a line on your display that shrinks as the battery is depleted. It will display over any app and on every screen. Great way to see battery life at a glance, and you have complete control over what it looks like (color, transparency, position, thickness...you can even animate it).

Slider Widget - The best volume control widget I have come across so far, and I have tried many.

Wifi Tether Router - The only Tethering app I have found so far that will mask tether usage from your carrier. Requires root access though. I have tried all the major ones including FoxFi, and while they work, none of them will prevent your carrier from seeing your tethering activity. This one will.

SMS backup and Restore and Call Log Backup and Restore - Made by the same guy, they will allow you to make backups of your SMS messages and call logs and restore them. Free ad-based apps.