Question about audio quality on a phone when using a headset

Lee Moreau

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Just curious about this. When looking at lower end android phones, sometimes people will say audio quality is okay, or that the mic isn't the best that it distorts sometimes etc. I'm looking at a phone just to use for voice calls, so hate to get a high end phone just for good quality. If I was going to use a headset with it, either bluetooth or headphone style ones, does that change anything with the audio quality? Guess I'm just wondering if the majority of the quality comes from the speaker and the mic, or if it's more the internals of the phone. So a phone that has a review saying the mic is so-so, would that be potentially fine when using a headset or would I expect the same quality? Was looking at getting the HTC Desire 601 because I just need a cheap phone that's just for making calls, so I hate to spend a ton on a higher end phone like Moto X or Nexus 5 etc when I don't need any of the smart phone functions. A review I saw said the mic is not the best on the Desire, but it's so hard to tell on what they are comparing it to.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
If you're going to use a headset I'd say 1st of all a wired headset is always best in terms of quality and in this case I'd say the quality of the headset matters the most, we must also factor in Signal quality and overall, Motorola rule that area. If you get e.g. a Moto G and a decent headset I'm sure you'll be fine.

Hope that helps.

Litlprince2

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
i dont know too much on this manner but I would say that a good phone with good features does alot to enhance your voice and make the experience better. But when you link a headset all of that goes away and it just sends out whatever it receives from the headset.

Basically the noise cancelling and such is turned off and not usable with a headset unless the headset does it itself. And let me tell you noise cancellation works really well on my phone(GS3).... With a headset their is a ton of ambient noise. I hate talking to people who use a headset. Its really easy to tell when they are using one especially when in crowded areas.