Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Johnly
  • 1 Post By the tall guy
  • 1 Post By NexusGirlX
  • 1 Post By Tsepz_GP
  • 1 Post By LeoRex
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default just went over to iMore forum....

    Anyone else tried to interact in the Imore forums? There never seems to be anything interesting going on, its always quiet and boring. It's an effort to participate in anything
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,139 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,637 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: just went over to Imore forum....

    I normally welcome new people, and that is about it.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: just went over to Imore forum....

    I went over to see if there were any good threads going on, but there never seems to be. Android Central is always interesting, theres always forums to get involved in
  4. #4  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,949 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,995 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: just went over to iMore forum....

    I head over to iMore sometimes. I think with how well Apple controls the OS, and addresses bugs, there isn't much going wrong with the device. Not that android devices don't run very well, many do, but because of the nature of android, there is a lot more going on with hardware and software. It is an Android market for sure.
    Ry and mumfoau like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: just went over to iMore forum....

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    I head over to iMore sometimes. I think with how well Apple controls the OS, and addresses bugs, there isn't much going wrong with the device. Not that android devices don't run very well, many do, but because of the nature of android, there is a lot more going on with hardware and software. It is an Android market for sure.
    Yeah, I can't fault iphones, they run flawlessly, which is prob why their forums are quiet and boring. Do you ever think apple will run android, like nokia is going to do with andoid?
  6. #6  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,949 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,995 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default just went over to iMore forum....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    Yeah, I can't fault iphones, they run flawlessly, which is prob why their forums are quiet and boring. Do you ever think apple will run android, like nokia is going to do with andoid?
    I don't think so ha ha!

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: just went over to iMore forum....

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    I don't thinks so ha ha!

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Lol you never know, if Apple loose sales then they might - an apple / Android / Windows phone is the perfect phone lol
  8. #8  

    Default Re: just went over to iMore forum....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    Yeah, I can't fault iphones, they run flawlessly, which is prob why their forums are quiet and boring. Do you ever think apple will run android, like nokia is going to do with andoid?
    I had to chuckle at the running flawlessly part. My girl is always complaining about something not working right on her iPhone or iPad (hmm, wait! May be it's the user! ). Meanwhile, no issues with any of my Android devices.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: just went over to iMore forum....

    Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    I had to chuckle at the running flawlessly part. My girl is always complaining about something not working right on her iPhone or iPad (hmm, wait! May be it's the user! ). Meanwhile, no issues with any of my Android devices.
    Lol I said that to be polite in saying that I did have my iphone 4 for a whole year without changing phones so I guess there is some truth in the comment. Or it could be the fact that iphones are very limited to what they can do so its easier for them to be "flawless"
    Synycalwon likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default just went over to iMore forum....

    I went there. Said the Apple watch is a toy at this point and I got banned. Well first I got about 20 hours straight of people luring me into a flame war and then they ban you.

    Typical Apple forum.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. #11  
    NexusGirlX's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,296 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,677 Global Posts

    Default Re: just went over to iMore forum....

    Right now, about the only thing really going on over there is all about the Apple Watch. If the watch doesn't interest you, it's probably best to stay away for awhile. There is no reason to go over there and start trouble criticizing something like the watch to where you get banned.

    I still enjoy using my iPhone 6+ every day but iMore is not my go to forum to talk about it anymore. My iPhone works flawlessly as does my Note 4 and Note Edge.
    anon8380037 likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: just went over to iMore forum....

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    I head over to iMore sometimes. I think with how well Apple controls the OS, and addresses bugs, there isn't much going wrong with the device. Not that android devices don't run very well, many do, but because of the nature of android, there is a lot more going on with hardware and software. It is an Android market for sure.
    Thats because you guys are looking at the wrong iOS forums, checkout MacRumors, the iPhone forum has a viewership of around 500-1000 at any given time during the day, there are loads of complaints, same with the iPad forum there, 100page long threads about tiny RAM and Safari reloads.

    The MacRumors is where most iPhone owners go, there also used to be a ton of them at HowardForums before it began to die.
    tonyr6 likes this.
  13. #13  
    syspry's Avatar

    Posts
    664 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts

    Default Re: just went over to iMore forum....

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    I head over to iMore sometimes. I think with how well Apple controls the OS, and addresses bugs, there isn't much going wrong with the device. Not that android devices don't run very well, many do, but because of the nature of android, there is a lot more going on with hardware and software. It is an Android market for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    Yeah, I can't fault iphones, they run flawlessly, which is prob why their forums are quiet and boring. Do you ever think apple will run android, like nokia is going to do with andoid?
    Funny you guys should mention this. That's one of the first things I noticed about iMore. The device problem threads are a tiny fraction of what you see at AC, and yeah it's because the iPhones are much less problematic. But they're also more boring. I've been wracking my brain over the hassle free iPhone experience vs less boring Android dilemma for years. Now that they have larger screens it's become much harder.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: just went over to iMore forum....

    I don't see it as iPhones being less problematic, its just that there are fewer types of iPhones to cause issues. Right now we have iPhone 6's, 6+s, and some of the older ones... but in general, there's one, maybe two different current models.

    Android? Samsung alone has more different models being actively sold than in the entire history of the iPhone... there's LG, Sony, Motorola, HTC.... OnePlus, Huawei... the list goes on and on. All these phones have different hardware, different software and a different list of potential headaches (just like the iPhone has)... Even the same phone can vary depending on where you buy it and for what carrier. But someone purchasing a Galaxy S6 is not going to have the same camera issues that someone who had an HTC One M8 had... You can't look at a forum like this and say "Wow, look at all the problems people are having with their phones, Android must not be very good". You can't look across all the different models, brands and carriers and treat it as one aggregate phone.

    If you buy an iPhone 6, it is not going to be any less hassle free as, say, a Galaxy Note 4. Statistically speaking, the whole "iOS is just more stable and reliable" belief isn't true.... both platforms are close enough so as not make a difference.
    Synycalwon likes this.
  15. #15  
    syspry's Avatar

    Posts
    664 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts

    Default Re: just went over to iMore forum....

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    I don't see it as iPhones being less problematic, its just that there are fewer types of iPhones to cause issues. Right now we have iPhone 6's, 6+s, and some of the older ones... but in general, there's one, maybe two different current models.

    Android? Samsung alone has more different models being actively sold than in the entire history of the iPhone... there's LG, Sony, Motorola, HTC.... OnePlus, Huawei... the list goes on and on. All these phones have different hardware, different software and a different list of potential headaches (just like the iPhone has)... Even the same phone can vary depending on where you buy it and for what carrier. But someone purchasing a Galaxy S6 is not going to have the same camera issues that someone who had an HTC One M8 had... You can't look at a forum like this and say "Wow, look at all the problems people are having with their phones, Android must not be very good". You can't look across all the different models, brands and carriers and treat it as one aggregate phone.

    If you buy an iPhone 6, it is not going to be any less hassle free as, say, a Galaxy Note 4. Statistically speaking, the whole "iOS is just more stable and reliable" belief isn't true.... both platforms are close enough so as not make a difference.
    I'll have to disagree. If you look at any one single android brand vs an iPhone it's possible they may come out close to the same number of issues. But iPhone still pulls ahead in that regard and regularly tops reliability surveys (that I trust). Taken at an overall level it pulls even further ahead. Also iOS 8 is much more stable than Android 5.x has been, and when there were issues, patches ended up at their final destination (you and I) far quicker.
    Where I disagree most is with your stance that you shouldn't treat it as one aggregate phone. If I'm shopping for a device, this comes very much into play because now I'm playing a game of roulette when searching for a brand that comes closest to iPhone reliability and stability. It's roulette because the most reliable android brand in that regard one year isn't always necessarily the most reliable the next year so you can't just look at the logo every time you upgrade and say "yep, best bet". And then you add carrier influence/interference into the mix.
    I can do more on my android than I can on iOS, which is why I stay, but it does come with those conditions, which for now I've chosen to accept. I've become pretty savvy over the years of trial and error at spotting and picking good ones, but the average consumer usually isn't.
  16. #16  
    nfl46's Avatar

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,087 Global Posts

    Default just went over to iMore forum....

    I could tell from the start that OP clearly is bored and has nothing better to do than start trouble. Eventually this will turn into an Apple vs Android war.

    FYI: You should visit MacRumors. That's where most Apple people are at.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: just went over to iMore forum....

    And Android forum is interesting because we have many many many many beautiful girl or something?
    nobody gives a <crap> about windows phone by the way.....

Similar Threads

  1. Can't save (or move) apps to SD card
    By mking2673 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-17-2016, 04:33 AM
  2. New to Everything Here!
    By jloa5658 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 01:05 AM
  3. What will happen to the Internet in the future?
    By ahawkua in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 10:07 PM
  4. Unable to fully power off & charging dock problems
    By Bkr11 in forum Sony Xperia Z1s
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 06:07 PM
  5. Unable to fully power off & charging dock problems
    By Bkr11 in forum Sony Xperia Z1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 04:01 PM

Posting Permissions