Android Security Question
So Apple just released a patch to fix a security exploit. My question is if this was found on Android how long would it take to patch given so many different phones. Would fragmentation be involved or could they get it out as fast as apple? How would the carrier be involved?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
- 02-23-2014, 06:59 PM #2
Re: Android Security Question
The speed on a per device basis would be dependent on which OEM, how it was sold (by whom) and which carriers are involved. Is the update coming from Google or from Google to AT&T or from LG to AT&T or Moto to Verizon, etc. Some would be faster, my assumption is that most would be slower.
- By dllebandroid in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 35Last Post: 04-01-2015, 09:00 AM
- By DaHui623 in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 19Last Post: 02-27-2014, 10:44 PM
- By winston101 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-24-2014, 03:58 PM
- By Metro1088 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 02-23-2014, 07:47 PM
- By AJcowd98 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 02-23-2014, 09:57 AM