Need some help for a tablet

skyguy737

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,
I was looking into some help regarding the tablets. I'm a student who is looking for a tablet to browse the internet, play some games and be able to watch videos. I would like the tablet to be around 10 inches but I would also work with 8. I already have an iphone 5s and was looking for an android tablet because I wanted something new, not just the same old apple. The tablet doesn't need to have a great camera since the iphones camera is perfectly fine IMO. I'm asking on here because I just spent some time reading some reviews on tablets [Note, Nexus, other google/samsung tablets] and it seems in the reviews that they are all buggy or have poor battery life. My budget is anything less expensive than the Ipad air, and namely less that $400 but something like 450 might work. I'm also asking on here because I just read that android released some new footage of future tablets and was wondering if I should just wait for the new ones.

Thanks a bunch!:)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Samsung just released the Samsung pro tablets, which are supposed to be pretty good. I think the Tab Pro 8.4 is around $400 or 450

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Personally, I think Nexus tablets are great, and I've never had any problems with them. There are certainly issues that have come up with some units, but keep in mind that problems always seem magnified in a forum, since people often come here to ask or complain about problems rather than say that their device is working just fine.

If you're looking for a 10" tablet, Samsungs are certainly a good choice, but you might also consider the outgoing Nexus 10 (also made by Samsung), which is still an excellent device with impressive hardware. You can get it new from IceMonkey.com with free shipping for $359 (32GB version) or $329 (16 GB version): Icemonkey: Deals 'Till Sold Out: Electronics, Home & Garden, Jewelry, Toys & More

If you're going to use the tablet primarily for browsing, games, and videos, you might not have to spend that much money. The Samsung Notes and Tabs are relatively pricey and have tons of features that might not interest you. Something like the Asus MeMO Pad 10 FHD (which goes for around $230) might be a reasonable choice. Kind of depends on how future-proof you want the device to be (and no device is fully future-proof these days).

skyguy737

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys. I'm sorta stuck between the Nexus 10 or 10 2 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1. I forgot to say that I'll also be using this tablet in school, another reason I'm staying away from Apple (my school only uses google). Can someone point me in the major differences b/w the two and maybe give me some advice on which you think will better suit a student. Thanks a bunch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad