Samsung Galaxy S4.1 Active

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
So the S5 is announced and specs wise it's an upgrade from the S4. But that's sadly where the story ends.

I wasn't expecting big things ok that's a lie. The lack of the rumoured 2-4k resolution is fine and not to big of a deal.

What let me down was again after Samsung admitting that the design needed to be improved by the slow sales of the S4 and they also acknowledged that it was to much like the S3. Ok so we have the new back and it's now waterproof but somehow they managed to disappoint why?

For me it was that Samsung needed to change the flow in design and really produce that Premium device. The faux leather on the Note 3 works and I like it, but with each new device I would like to see something fresh and the S5 fails. I would of expected a metal design this time round and escaping the look of previous models.

The UI is the same bloat filled rubbish that we now can never expect Samsung to change and that is a mistake. Lighter and useful features would of been great and them tweaks would of went down well, sadly this did not happen another fail.

Storage yet again do they never learn from what I have read only 8gb is available from the 16gb version eh Samsung do you remember the calamity from the S4 obviously forgotten. Another fail.

Ok so it's now expandable upto 128gb but only SanDisk have announced and they will be expensive so that is another fail.

Ok no doubt this will be hmm smooth ish got to remember the heavy skin, so only 2gb of ram this is another kind of fail taking it easy on you there Samsung.

So the heart rate monitor a medical feature that will rarely get used there are superior and better products available to do this a daft and pointless feature.

Samsung has learned nothing and that's what really gripes and irritates.

No manufacturer is going to please everyone with their product but this they didn't even try seems like no real thought went into the S5.

And that is my views on this S5 pathetic it really is.

Get your **** together Samsung for the Note 4 your going to need it as this won't meet your sales targets. I would be surprised if it does.

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
only 2gb of ram this is another kind of fail taking it easy on you there Samsung.
I honestly don't see consumers needing more than 2GB, maybe Touchwiz does for its bloatness. 2GB is very adequate, you never have apps crashing and give an error: out of ram.

Storage yet again do they never learn from what I have read only 8gb is available from the 16gb version eh Samsung do you remember the calamity from the S4 obviously forgotten. Another fail.
I can't understand concept of 16gb flagship phones in 2014, regardless of OS installed. Even if it's a Nexus, it's unacceptable now.

Get your **** together Samsung for the Note 4 your going to need it as this won't meet your sales targets. I would be surprised if it does.
I don't think they will have problem selling it well with the amount on money they'll pour into the ads campaign. I think it's a good thing because if it doesn't get a perfect rating it might give other manufacturers a some chance to get noticed by regular consumers. I'm sure it'll get glowing rating by the industry though.

My biggest disappointment, so far from what I've seen, is same old bloated Touchwiz.

I don't think it's a bad phone in term of what a Galaxy is, just maybe feel more like S4.5 than S5. Or maybe Galaxy 4S. But if you look on the bright side, they have caught up with iPhones in term of version number.

Last edited: