Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What is the ideal size of phone according to you?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3.5" - 4"

    0 0%
  • 4" - 4.5"

    3 30.00%
  • 4.5" - 5"

    3 30.00%
  • 5" - 5.5"

    4 40.00%
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Angry Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    I have been wondering when will sizes of phones will stop at some point?
    For instance, there use to be time when galaxy note was sized at 5'' and today its gone up to 5.5''. On other side galaxy s series phones from 3.5'' to 5.1'' as of latest iteration of galaxy s5.
    I don't understand why do they keep on increasing the size of phone which each successor? And how come people really like such big phones to have? I mean get a tablet if you like big screens but not phones. Phones were supposed to be giving us comfort and ease of accessibility but this doesn't seems to be the motto of phone companies, especially samsung.
    S5 was anyways a disappointment in terms of its body design, etc but anyways thats not the discussion i am wanting to have.

    I would like to know from you guys out there across the world? is it really necessary for you all to have bigger and bigger phones each year passing?


    Soon we shall be having galaxy s10 phone with 10 inches at this pace then?
  2. #2  
    joe_fresh's Avatar

    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    anything bigger than 5 would be hard for me using one handed. The size of the HTC one is perfect in my opinion.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    Quote Originally Posted by joe_fresh View Post
    anything bigger than 5 would be hard for me using one handed. The size of the HTC one is perfect in my opinion.
    I completely agree with you. May be HTC one's body and Samsung's software would be killer


    Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    Quote Originally Posted by chaingangritesh View Post
    I have been wondering when will sizes of phones will stop at some point?
    For instance, there use to be time when galaxy note was sized at 5'' and today its gone up to 5.5''. On other side galaxy s series phones from 3.5'' to 5.1'' as of latest iteration of galaxy s5.
    I don't understand why do they keep on increasing the size of phone which each successor? And how come people really like such big phones to have? I mean get a tablet if you like big screens but not phones. Phones were supposed to be giving us comfort and ease of accessibility but this doesn't seems to be the motto of phone companies, especially samsung.
    S5 was anyways a disappointment in terms of its body design, etc but anyways thats not the discussion i am wanting to have.

    I would like to know from you guys out there across the world? is it really necessary for you all to have bigger and bigger phones each year passing?


    Soon we shall be having galaxy s10 phone with 10 inches at this pace then?
    I agree, phones are big enough.

    The note is as big of a phone as should be made, but they keep on increasing.

    The Galaxy mega is just insanity.

    Nexus 5 is great sized but missing the extra features Samsung gives.



    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    The Note 3 at 5.7" is the limit anything bigger and it's just a waste in terms of usability.

    My Nexus 5 at 5" is brilliant and is so comfortable as is the Note 3 but I had the Mega at 6.3 and it's great to have that screen size for viewing video and gaming etc but it's just not usable outwith that.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    Quote Originally Posted by joe_fresh View Post
    The size of the HTC one is perfect in my opinion.
    And to me, the HTC One is a bit too big, just as I think the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a bit too big.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    I have a Moto X that is 4.7", but it have thin bezel. Between 4.3 to 4.7" is ideal for me.

    It's not the screensize that matter but the overall dimension. I wouldn't want a phone bigger than 130mm by 70mm, most flagship devices now are.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    I think the market will end up deciding how screen sizes play out. But there is a point where the increasing size just isn't practical for a phone. Myself, being a Note 2 owner (with its 5.5" screen), that point would be about 6".

    Currently I have no problem with the size of the Note 2. I can easily hold/use it as a phone and really enjoy the extra screen real estate for non-phone activities. No issue either transporting it via a Monaco leather pouch that clips inside my pants pocket (or on the outside if needed). Also, I don't have a need for a one-handed device, always use two hands anyway, so no issue there either.

    The Note 4 will probably be it for me with a 5.9" screen (assuming they continue the same .2" screen size bump with each iteration). Samsung will probably be able to keep the overall size down like they did with the Note 3 (it's virtually the same size as the Note 2) despite its increased screen size of 5.7". But even so, anything much bigger would be too big for me. I've tried holding my old Nexus 7 to my head and it's just not practical or comfortable.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    My Nexus 5 is as big as I'd want to go. I don't know how you hold anything bigger up to your ear one handed and speaker phone isn't always practical.

    In fact it's feeling just a tad too big to me today (although I still wouldn't trade it).

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  10. #10  
    joe_fresh's Avatar

    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    And to me, the HTC One is a bit too big, just as I think the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a bit too big.
    I looked at the moto x and the phone i was replacing was larger than that, so i decided on the one. i refuse to go to a smaller phone.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One
  11. #11  
    petaf's Avatar

    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    I think the market will end up deciding how screen sizes play out. But there is a point where the increasing size just isn't practical for a phone. Myself, being a Note 2 owner (with its 5.5" screen), that point would be about 6".

    Currently I have no problem with the size of the Note 2. I can easily hold/use it as a phone and really enjoy the extra screen real estate for non-phone activities. No issue either transporting it via a Monaco leather pouch that clips inside my pants pocket (or on the outside if needed). Also, I don't have a need for a one-handed device, always use two hands anyway, so no issue there either.

    The Note 4 will probably be it for me with a 5.9" screen (assuming they continue the same .2" screen size bump with each iteration). Samsung will probably be able to keep the overall size down like they did with the Note 3 (it's virtually the same size as the Note 2) despite its increased screen size of 5.7". But even so, anything much bigger would be too big for me. I've tried holding my old Nexus 7 to my head and it's just not practical or comfortable.
    Lol

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    5-5.5 heck even 5.7inch on the Note 3 is bearable for me personally. Very happy with the 5inch of my GS4, very ergonomically friendly. I'm waiting for the Note 4, if it fits a 5.9inch display as well as the LG G Pro2 does then I'll be very happy.
    Samsung GALAXY S 4 32GB Exynos Octa Black Mist
    Samsung GALAXY S II 16GB Ceramic White
    Apple iPad4 WiFi+3G/LTE 16GB
  13. #13  
    Ron Ross's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsepz_GP View Post
    5-5.5 heck even 5.7inch on the Note 3 is bearable for me personally. Very happy with the 5inch of my GS4, very ergonomically friendly. I'm waiting for the Note 4, if it fits a 5.9inch display as well as the LG G Pro2 does then I'll be very happy.
    I love the size of my optimus g pro and the gp2 is only 1/4" bigger in each dimension. Same thickness and weight. I can live with that.

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,959 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    Some people only want one device and they want that one device to be able to view media and such luxuriously. So, we have small sized phones, medium sized phones, and phablets.


    Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32
    Live long and prosper.


  15. #15  

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    When I first saw the Galaxy note I said "thats to BIG...It's HUGE"...Now look at me now, I have the Galaxy Note3 and LUV it. I THINK I'm at my cut off point for the size of my smartphone....SMILE
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    I liked how Motorola came out with a mini version of the Ultra and the Maxx. I have the Ultra, and I love the 5" screen, but the mini is a great alterative for those who like a smaller phone.

    Posted from my Droid Ultra
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Big, bigger and biggest phones in 2014 & ahead??

    Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghJake View Post
    I liked how Motorola came out with a mini version of the Ultra and the Maxx. I have the Ultra, and I love the 5" screen, but the mini is a great alterative for those who like a smaller phone.

    Posted from my Droid Ultra
    FYI The mini is just the successor the RAZR M, my old phone.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. G6 - a midrange phone
    By dpham00 in forum Huawei Ascend G6
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2014, 08:41 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 05:37 AM
  3. [FREE][APP] Brazil 2014 Football World Cup Guide
    By appzoon in forum Beta Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 07:37 PM
  4. Galaxy s3 from sprint is getting slow and unresponsive. Help Please
    By Wesjayals in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 04:17 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 11:17 AM

Posting Permissions