Play Store: Google Now Launcher now available

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I like it on my Nexus 7. The large icons look nice enough and the entire screen for GNow with a swipe is nicer than using the widget and waiting for it to open. So unless the always listening feature starts impacting battery I think I'll keep it.

Posted via Android Central App

Crisdean

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
It made a mess out of my widgets and the icons were too big. I like the approach but rather pass on that. Like the 'old' way better.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I like it on my Nexus 7. The large icons look nice enough and the entire screen for GNow with a swipe is nicer than using the widget and waiting for it to open. So unless the always listening feature starts impacting battery I think I'll keep it.

Genuinely curious... how is swiping from the left any different from swiping from the bottom?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Genuinely curious... how is swiping from the left any different from swiping from the bottom?
If you are on a different launcher, swiping from the bottom make it pop up, not slides out. I guess the main coolness of it is the slide out animation and that it run the background at all time for instant (search) accessibility. But I think Google could implement it to be system wide accessible, not just from the launcher.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm using it on my Nexus 7 (2012) now. The only thing I really like is the fact that I can control how many home screens I have.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am tempted to try this...

Anyone suggest me doing so? I've been a Nova Launcher Prime user for a good long while now.... Change is scary :confused: lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

spackmanstephen

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I am tempted to try this...

Anyone suggest me doing so? I've been a Nova Launcher Prime user for a good long while now.... Change is scary :confused: lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Try it...

No harm in doing so. If you don't like it, delete it.

the big print giveth, the small print taketh

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
DO NOT USE IT. its drains your battery. I updated the launcher on my nexus 5 and nexus 7 and it drained my battery in a matter of hours ....just uninstalled it and my devices are normal again

I use it, it doesn't drain battery. Ymmv.

sent via tapatalk

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
DO NOT USE IT. its drains your battery. I updated the launcher on my nexus 5 and nexus 7 and it drained my battery in a matter of hours ....just uninstalled it and my devices are normal again

I use it on my GPE ONE and I'm getting great battery performance. I think this is the best launcher it there.

Posted via My Smartphone of the Year HTC One GPe

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I have not noticed a significant battery drain on my Nexus 7 (2012).

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I hate to pile on, but I haven't seen any impact on my battery from the launcher, either. That's on a N4, though.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I got it on my note 2 and nexus 7 2012 and have not noted any battery drain at all. Just works really well with swipe left and ok Google works great every time.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I got it running on my Nexus 10 and sideloaded the previous version on my Note 3. I haven't seen any difference in battery life on either one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech