Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  • 1 Post By Geodude074
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Wearable technology is getting insane!!!Please add thoughts!

Hello any and all tech people,
    I just wanted to take a sec to say something, with all the tech news around for the new up and coming technology that's hit the market or is going to soon. I wanted to point out how COMPLETELY CRAZY fast the industry is changing, i mean 15 years ago would we really think that we would be at this point. This has been mentioned so many times over but from the perspective of a guy that remembers when AOL was in its prime, i feel like this is overlooked by my younger peers. WE are able to get watches with way more capabilities than the cellphones not but like 8 years ago. In a time now when fitness tracking is a must for a piece of wearable tech to even appeal to some consumers.THERE is a Smart Phone on your wrist and its not cool unless it tracks our every movement. I mainly wanted to show my appreciation for the advancement of our technology through feedback, consumer insight,and opinions! (cause everyone has 'em )through websites like these, I cant wait for what the year holds in store.

Please post your thoughts on new things announced,things forgotten, or just the way you feel about all the new technology on the horizon!!!

Default Re: Wearable technology is getting insane!!!Please add thoughts!

I'm a huge tech junkie. I always opt for the highest and newest technology whether its my car, PC or phone. At this point though I think we as a society are becoming crazy over technology. My friend just got one of those Galaxy Gear watches and I can't understand the appeal. I can do the same thing by pulling out my phone which is always in my pocket. I'm sure people have their uses for it but at $250 I can't justify it no matter what.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
    Jude526 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Definitely, if i were to go for a high priced item it would be a handheld , like my note 3, which is totally worth the money, what i think is crazy is how fast people gravitate to a new product released by apple, and then see other items as useless, like 9 out of 10 people have an iphone at my university but i get comments like is that a tablet, why would you want a phone that big?(its not big at all,its about the size of a S4 with an otterbox)."i like iphones somewhat, but they feel like a kids toy" i just shrug it off and enjoy my personal assistant of a phone. But to hit on wearables If anyone has seen the new Gear by Sony, those are actually pretty awesome looking.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Welcome to the future.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

I guess since I never wore traditional watches, these Android watches doesn't seem to have any appeal to me. I can understand things like exercising they could be useful. I don't get enough calls or text to need an extra device to remind me either. Google Glass is a little more compelling.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

yeah , Google glass is pretty cool, but i wouldn't ever "want" to wear one

Remember Tiger Electronic wristwatches? How they evolved from simple little games to full blown operating systems with applications and how it was the most innovative, fastest growing product of the 90's?

No wait, that never happened did it...

I predict a similar demise to smart watches. History tends to repeat itself.