Best Large-size Phone out there

wyrdangel

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey there All,

I was thinking that a good topic for "Ask Android Central" would be a kind of breakdown of the recent large phones for those of us finishing contract cycles this spring..but I couldn't actually find a way to submit it *to* Ask AC :/

I'm in the situtation where I can't wait to switch carriers (um..buh-bye, Sprint) and have had the actually-not-unpleasant experience of trying the Nokia Lumia 1520 (via work) so I've decided that a large phone ("phablet" I guess if you must use the term) is the way I want to go for my personal phone too. I would probably just default to the Note 3 but was curious if folks think that there are any better options out there currently or about to come out in this next wave of Spring(ish) releases.

thanks!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
All these large phones definitely have their place but for me they're just too cumbersome

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Note 3. The screen is gorgeous, great battery life, top notch performance. The only gripe is TouchWiz but I don't even mind it all that much.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey there All,

I was thinking that a good topic for "Ask Android Central" would be a kind of breakdown of the recent large phones for those of us finishing contract cycles this spring..but I couldn't actually find a way to submit it *to* Ask AC :/

I'm in the situtation where I can't wait to switch carriers (um..buh-bye, Sprint) and have had the actually-not-unpleasant experience of trying the Nokia Lumia 1520 (via work) so I've decided that a large phone ("phablet" I guess if you must use the term) is the way I want to go for my personal phone too. I would probably just default to the Note 3 but was curious if folks think that there are any better options out there currently or about to come out in this next wave of Spring(ish) releases.
Can't really think of anything better than a Note 3 in a large formfactor.

Awesome CPU, lots of RAM, stylus support, awesome display, SD expansion and upgradable battery (with awesome battery life stock as well). The camera is not great IMO, and you will have to tolerate the touchwiz UI pollution, but in every other way, that phone is at the top of the smartphone food chain.

My sister just got one to replace her Note 2 and she loves it.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 is best in this class with that 2.3ghz proccesor, 3gb of Ram and 32gb base storage, 13mgp Camera which despite what some claim is good ok not dslr quality but i have got some cracking pics from it, I have attached a pic taken with the Note 3. It has the S - Pen ok it might not be a full time feature but it's nice to know it's there. Screen is brilliant. So yes that would at this time be my recommendation.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1393545830562.jpg
    1393545830562.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 1393546041004.jpg
    1393546041004.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 49

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 is best in this class with that 2.3ghz proccesor, 3gb of Ram and 32gb base storage, 13mgp Camera which despite what some claim, I have attached a pic taken with the Note 3. It has the S - Pen ok it might not be a full time feature but it's nice to know it's there. Screen is brilliant. So yes that would at this time be my recommendation.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

What did you use to edit that picture? Looks like HDR-Scape from Snapseed :D

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Note 3. Unfortunately htc blew it with the one max

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Note 3. Unfortunately htc blew it with the one max

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Yeh I don't think the Max is terrible they just mist the beat a bit lol

And the Note 3 got it spot on with the form factor and that faux leather it just works and works well :)

Posted via Android Central App

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
LG flex
lg-g-flex-front-sides-635.jpg

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Unique, but by no means the best by most enthusiast's accounts.

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64

Agreed.
I want one, but just as an augment to what my daily driver is. Which is currently the note ii. I will upgrage to the note vi or v, if and when it is released as this serves my needs still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463