Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP - want to update to 4.3 but can't because deleted music app(rooted)

So I Rooted My galaxy s3 And uninstalled The default music player and now it wnt let me update to 4.3 HElp[ pelase

Default Re: HELP - want to update to 4.3 but can't because deleted music app(rooted)

Clarified thread title. Which variant of the s3 do you have.

Global Posts
    22,240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: HELP - want to update to 4.3 but can't because deleted music app(rooted)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdal Jaquez View Post
    So I Rooted My galaxy s3 And uninstalled The default music player and now it wnt let me update to 4.3 HElp[ pelase
    Welcome to the forums.
    You aren't allowed the update because you are rooted. I would suggest to look up how to flash a custom ROM.

[Guide] [Supplemental] How to flash in Custom Recovery (Clockwork Mod)

The above explains how to do it in ClockWork Mod. Watch some YouTube videos on how to do it. Then, start reading up on ROMs. If you choose a custom ROM based off of AOSP (looking like a Nexus device), examples would be CyanogenMod, Slim, AOKP, etc, you will be up to date faster than Samsung.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Sprint It sayes error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status7) I tried almost everything

Global Posts
    9,113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Sprint It sayes error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status7) I tried almost everything
    Do you have the most recent cwm recovery installed? Try updating it and re-download the file and try again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    22,240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Or TWRP

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Is there Anyway i can just Completly wipe my phone clean to a brand new one where it has all the missing stock applications?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Or TWRP

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    ^^^^

Is there Anyway i can just Completly wipe my phone clean to a brand new one where it has all the missing stock applications?

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^
    Yes you could flash the stock firmware, you will find that on sammobile via odin. Remember this will unroot your device.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    22,240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^
    Resetting the device won't bring back the missing app (I am pretty sure OTA updates look for things like that), nor will it remove root. Graeme Duncan's advice will work. reflashing a stock ROM will get you unrooted, and should allow OTAs again. However, The new update includes a security feature called Knox, which does a wonderful job (sarcastic) at stopping the act of loading a custom ROM, custom Recovery, and sometimes root access.

Since you are already rooted, I really would highly suggest looking at custom ROMs.

Look at it this way: Nexus devices, and the Moto X are probably the only ones that are on the most current version of Android, 4.4.2. Samsung is on 4.3 for the S3, with no clear timetable when it will be updated to 4.4. If you choose a custom ROM, especially an AOSP, you can be up to 4.4.2 in a few hours.

Phone Timeline