Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question If it came down to it: BB Z30 or Nokia Lumia Icon?

    You only have two choices, to get a BlackBerry Z30 or a Nokia Lumia Icon. What do you choose? You have to hypothetically use this device for at least 6 months.

    Z30 Specs:

    Processor: Dual Core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with QuadCore Adreno 320 GPU
    Memory: 2GB RAM + 16GB Flash + Hot Swappable MicroSD slot up to SDXC UHS-I
    Expandable Memory: MicroSD slot located under back cover
    Display: 5”, 1280 x 720 resolution, 295 PPI, 24 bit Color, 16:9, SuperAMOLED
    Battery: 2880 mAh non-removable battery with Qi Wireless Charging (Verizon Model Only)
    Battery Life: Talk time: Up to 18 hours UMTS/14 hours GSM, Standby time: Up to 16 Days, Music: Up to 90 hours, Video: Up to 12 hours


    Lumia Icon Specs:

    Display: 5” full HD 1080p OLED display, ClearBlack, Sunlight readability, Glare-free, Super sensitive touch, Gorilla Glass 3 Pixel density: 440 ppi
    Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad-Core processor, 2.2 GHz with an Adreno 330 GPU
    Camera: 20 MP PureView, ZEISS optics, OIS, 2x lossless zoom, oversampling, dual LED flash
    RAM: 2 GB RAM
    Storage: 32 GB internal storage (no micro SD)
    Battery: 2420 mAh internal battery with Qi wireless charging
  2. #2  

    Default Re: If it came down to it: BB Z30 or Nokia Lumia Icon?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    You only have two choices, to get a BlackBerry Z30 or a Nokia Lumia Icon. What do you choose? You have to hypothetically use this device for at least 6 months.

    Z30 Specs:

    Processor: Dual Core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with QuadCore Adreno 320 GPU
    Memory: 2GB RAM + 16GB Flash + Hot Swappable MicroSD slot up to SDXC UHS-I
    Expandable Memory: MicroSD slot located under back cover
    Display: 5”, 1280 x 720 resolution, 295 PPI, 24 bit Color, 16:9, SuperAMOLED
    Battery: 2880 mAh non-removable battery with Qi Wireless Charging (Verizon Model Only)
    Battery Life: Talk time: Up to 18 hours UMTS/14 hours GSM, Standby time: Up to 16 Days, Music: Up to 90 hours, Video: Up to 12 hours


    Lumia Icon Specs:

    Display: 5” full HD 1080p OLED display, ClearBlack, Sunlight readability, Glare-free, Super sensitive touch, Gorilla Glass 3 Pixel density: 440 ppi
    Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad-Core processor, 2.2 GHz with an Adreno 330 GPU
    Camera: 20 MP PureView, ZEISS optics, OIS, 2x lossless zoom, oversampling, dual LED flash
    RAM: 2 GB RAM
    Storage: 32 GB internal storage (no micro SD)
    Battery: 2420 mAh internal battery with Qi wireless charging
    I'd personally go for the Nokia - My wife just recently got herself a Nokia 1020 and I love how refreshing the layout is.
  3. #3  
    JeffDenver's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,925 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: If it came down to it: BB Z30 or Nokia Lumia Icon?

    Nokia icon. The Camera alone is reason enough. And I would not be terribly confident in future support from BB at this point.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: If it came down to it: BB Z30 or Nokia Lumia Icon?

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Nokia icon. The Camera alone is reason enough. And I would not be terribly confident in future support from BB at this point.
    They aren't going anywhere for a while. If anything I would want a tablet to match it but Blackberry only has the old Playbook from 3 years ago.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: If it came down to it: BB Z30 or Nokia Lumia Icon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    I'd personally go for the Nokia - My wife just recently got herself a Nokia 1020 and I love how refreshing the layout is.
    It is pretty nice especially seeing I have windows 8.1 device and the experience is similar.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    10,172 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: If it came down to it: BB Z30 or Nokia Lumia Icon?

    Have you poked around Windows Phone Central or Crackberry to read up on both devices? Take a look there for more information as well.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #7  
    grydlok's Avatar

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Creamed Glacier

    Default Re: If it came down to it: BB Z30 or Nokia Lumia Icon?

    Lumia Icon
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: If it came down to it: BB Z30 or Nokia Lumia Icon?

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Have you poked around Windows Phone Central or Crackberry to read up on both devices? Take a look there for more information as well.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    This is a general question and has little to do with me.

    Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
  9. #9  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    10,172 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: If it came down to it: BB Z30 or Nokia Lumia Icon?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    This is a general question and has little to do with me.

    Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    No worries. I wasn't implying to not bring that question here. It's just that specs don't tell the full story of a device, and who better to ask than those who actually use the devices in the rear world.

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S4: Odin does Not See .tar or MD5 Field
    By Sebastiaan Brouwer in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 10:05 AM
  2. Factory reset before or after or both an update?
    By Maged Samuel in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 04:51 PM
  3. According To CNET & Carp hone warehouse.
    By Anon8154066 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 10:25 AM
  4. Nexus 5 resale value according to recycling sites.
    By Anon8154066 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 06:24 AM
  5. My samsung galaxy tab 2 wont charge when it is turned on
    By asharam in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 05:11 AM

Posting Permissions