Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Default Archiver apps fight

I've recently stumbled on an interesting article:

5 most popular archiver apps on Android compared | IT Business

The point is that one guy has compared the most popular archiver apps on the Market. Here what he got:

Archiver apps fight-rj_o1_v2fa_m7_omul_tgdc_fv_so9_pia1_nt1_x4_auhma3_sbapyc0y_lk.png

"Final marks look are the following: B1 Free Archiver – 19.5 points, ZArchiver – 18.5, Easy Unrar, Unzip & Zip – 14.5, AndroZip – 14, WinZip – 11.5 points."

Regarding the winner:

"B1 Archiver can handle any split archive, any password protection and has the greatest number of supported formats. The only archiver that supports comments in ZIP files and is very easy to handle. A lot of users use B1 Free Archiver as their file manager. It is slower than other apps on the list. If you’re ready to sacrifice speed, you’ll get almost a perfect file archiver."

What do you think?

Global Posts
    31,346 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Archiver apps fight

I never really looked at an app like this before. I will have to check it out.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Well, I've just finished checking this B1 Free Archiver and it turned out great. I've never tried WinZip or AndroZip, but once had Easy Unrar and currently use ZArchiver. The later is good, but I'd switch to B1 Free Archiver because it really support a lot of stuff. And the comment display feature is not that useless. Several times I had password protected archives with pass written in comments (hate when people do that). So unless you've transferred that archive to a PC it wasn't possible to unpack it. B1 solves the issue.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Any file manager seems to cope great with zip files. I have never used archivers on Android actually..
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

There is nothing great about unpacking zips - they are really simple and widespread. And zip is not the only format that you can stumble upon in the Internet and for them you'll need a more powerful app.