Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Hangouts not sending what I want

Hello, I have an HTC One and I use hangouts as my default messaging app. I love the look of hangouts but ever since I got my phone factory reset it hasn't been sending what I want. People still get my text and such but my friend said he wasn't getting any. He then explained he also has google hangouts but his default messaging system is the stock one for the iPhone. My hangouts was actually sending him messages to his hangouts app instead of his phone messaging app. I went to settings and it says SMS enabled. Any tips?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Google Hangouts not sending what I want

Quote Originally Posted by stepaul8 View Post
    Hello, I have an HTC One and I use hangouts as my default messaging app. I love the look of hangouts but ever since I got my phone factory reset it hasn't been sending what I want. People still get my text and such but my friend said he wasn't getting any. He then explained he also has google hangouts but his default messaging system is the stock one for the iPhone. My hangouts was actually sending him messages to his hangouts app instead of his phone messaging app. I went to settings and it says SMS enabled. Any tips?

Posted via Android Central App
    He needs to have SMS turned on for Hangouts, and in his messaging settings. iPhones only use iMessage by default
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan