Full restore, like on iCloud
Is there a way to do a full restore on android like you can on iCloud? for example, if i wanted to do a hard reset, I don't want to have to remember which settings I had and which folders I had certain apps in. I want to be able to sign in with my google account and have my apps, widgets, wallpaper, and settings set up the way I had before the restore. Is there a way to do this on a galaxy s4 or on Android in general?
- 03-06-2014, 09:38 AM #2
- 1,135 Posts
Re: Full restore, like on iCloud
AFAIK, there isn't a single solution to do it all. Most of that stuff can be backed up in one way or another. Apps, but not app data, and contacts are likely already backed up. Apps like SMS Backup and Restore will back up your SMS. Many launchers give options for backing up their layout and settings. Apps like Helium will back up app data (but you'll have to download the apps again, which should be automatic if you have them synced). Apps like Folder Sync can be used to back up any data (like backups from your launcher or other data) to cloud services. I'm not sure about actual OS settings, though. You may have to do that yourself.
So it's a bit more work, but very possible to get most of it backed up. The up side is that you'll have a lot of control over what is backed up, where it gets backed up to and when it gets backed up. With Folder Sync you can even sync data between multiple devices that are running simultaneously.
- 03-06-2014, 09:45 AM #3
- By shadier in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 07-26-2015, 04:57 AM
- By Eddster in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 44Last Post: 08-27-2014, 10:40 PM
- By Skydaver in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 6Last Post: 03-13-2014, 07:46 PM
- By Nospam Spamnot in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 03-09-2014, 05:30 PM
- By lgbalfa in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 03-05-2014, 07:52 PM