Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TW FH13 ICS 4.0.4

Default Full restore, like on iCloud

Is there a way to do a full restore on android like you can on iCloud? for example, if i wanted to do a hard reset, I don't want to have to remember which settings I had and which folders I had certain apps in. I want to be able to sign in with my google account and have my apps, widgets, wallpaper, and settings set up the way I had before the restore. Is there a way to do this on a galaxy s4 or on Android in general?

Default Re: Full restore, like on iCloud

AFAIK, there isn't a single solution to do it all. Most of that stuff can be backed up in one way or another. Apps, but not app data, and contacts are likely already backed up. Apps like SMS Backup and Restore will back up your SMS. Many launchers give options for backing up their layout and settings. Apps like Helium will back up app data (but you'll have to download the apps again, which should be automatic if you have them synced). Apps like Folder Sync can be used to back up any data (like backups from your launcher or other data) to cloud services. I'm not sure about actual OS settings, though. You may have to do that yourself.

So it's a bit more work, but very possible to get most of it backed up. The up side is that you'll have a lot of control over what is backed up, where it gets backed up to and when it gets backed up. With Folder Sync you can even sync data between multiple devices that are running simultaneously.

Default Re: Full restore, like on iCloud

I use Helium to backup app data

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro