Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question How To Backup App Data On Unrooted Device For Later Restoration?

Hello! I would like to know how to backup data on unrooted device for later restoration. See picture below to understand what data I refer to:

How To Backup App Data On Unrooted Device For Later Restoration?-2014_03_01_20_13_46.png

When I backup apps with backup apps, they do not backup data but apps per se. When I restore apps, they do not get restored with their data. Is there a way to accomplish what I want without resolving to rooting? Thanks.

Default Re: How To Backup App Data On Unrooted Device For Later Restoration?

Try Helium. It's $5 on the Play Store, but it's the only non-root solution for app data backup I know of. There may be others.
    Last edited by zorak950; 03-07-2014 at 01:13 AM.

Helium is free if you don't want to get the pro version.

You also need to go to http://clockworkmod.com/carbon to get the PC program and adb drivers for your phone. You'll need it to use Helium without root.

sent via tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I already tried Helium and installing adb drivers on computer, did backup but it did not let me backup app data. I don't know if there supposed to be option for selecting app data but I didn't see anything like this. That's why I used My Backup Pro since I didn't see difference.