People are going nuts

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Some teenager in Seattle killed a man. ....for a cell phone and complained afterwards that the phone he killed the guy for was too cheap. ...

Posted via Android Central App

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thats just KRAZY. NYC has a HUGE problem with Cellphone/Smartphone thefts as well, not sure I've read about anyone getting killed though.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
You should read news feeds regularly, it will make your hair stand up on the back of your neck. This is a crazy world. I am stunned every day by some of the articles I read. There is good in the world, of course, but the crazies are what make the news. Look beyond the headlines, unbelievable stuff.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
You should read news feeds regularly, it will make your hair stand up on the back of your neck. This is a crazy world. I am stunned every day by some of the articles I read. There is good in the world, of course, but the crazies are what make the news. Look beyond the headlines, unbelievable stuff.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

I really don't think it is any worse now than in the past, we just live in an ultra connected world now, and unfortunately, bad news = high rantings

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
People have been getting mugged and even killed for the equivalent of a few bucks since time immemorial. A good smartphone can be worth hundreds. It's not surprising that theft has become such a problem.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Shocking to say the least, yet at the same time, here in Johannesburg South Africa this does happen, A LOT! Often hear stories of people being stabbed for their cellphone and wallet, there are even criminals who will walk around in traffic looking for people who's windows are open and have a cellphone sitting in their car which they can snatch, be it from your hands or somewhere accessible, cellphone theft is fast becoming a HUGE issue globally. :(

Ealevenish

Banned
Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I really don't think it is any worse now than in the past, we just live in an ultra connected world now, and unfortunately, bad news = high rantings

+1

There's just as much miserable news today as there was 300 years ago.
Only we didn't hear about it then.
The 'blessings' of a connected world.

Ealevenish

Banned
Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It's not surprising that theft has become such a problem.

And getting to be a bigger problem everyday because of the absurd growth of income and wealth inequality:
the 85 richest people in the world today own more than the 3,5 billion poorest people of the planet combined.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
And getting to be a bigger problem everyday because of the absurd growth of income and wealth inequality:
the 85 richest people in the world today own more than the 3,5 billion poorest people of the planet combined.
I'm almost surprised the gap isn't larger, but though I agree that the degree of inequality is outrageous, I'm far from convinced that's to blame for theft. Rich people steal all the time; they just typically don't do it with a gun on the street. I'm not going to get into a longer discussion about it though, because that's going to take us waaaaay off-topic.

Ealevenish

Banned
Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm almost surprised the gap isn't larger, but though I agree that the degree of inequality is outrageous, I'm far from convinced that's to blame for theft. Rich people steal all the time; they just typically don't do it with a gun on the street. I'm not going to get into a longer discussion about it though, because that's going to take us waaaaay off-topic.

Theft is not the result of inequality.
But inequality is the result of theft.
By the kleptoplutocracy.
The world's 1.500 multi-billionaires.

tacdroid

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Theft is not the result of inequality.
But inequality is the result of theft.
By the kleptoplutocracy.
The world's 1.500 multi-billionaires.
You mean guys like Larry Page, Sergey Brin, Jeff Bezos, Pierre Omidyar, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeffrey Skoll, Jerry Yang...

Wow. People are going nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol