Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default anyone having trouble with "mediaserver" and battery drain?

out of the blue, i'm having severe battery drain, but all i'm seeing is "mediaserver" as the culprit. plus, whatever is really working behind the scenes is stopping deep sleep.

i couldn't pinpoint things, so i did a factory reset. same thing. i know google play services has acted up in the past, so maybe others are experiencing something similar? if so, i'll just wait out the storm. if not, i'll have to figure out which app(s) are rogue.
    Thanked by:
    DTID 

Default Re: anyone having trouble with "mediaserver" and battery drain?

Quote Originally Posted by ljxdaly View Post
    out of the blue, i'm having severe battery drain, but all i'm seeing is "mediaserver" as the culprit. plus, whatever is really working behind the scenes is stopping deep sleep.

i couldn't pinpoint things, so i did a factory reset. same thing. i know google play services has acted up in the past, so maybe others are experiencing something similar? if so, i'll just wait out the storm. if not, i'll have to figure out which app(s) are rogue.

I have had Google Play Services disabled for ages now. The Power amp app also caused the Media Server drain but if you did a factory reset it can't be that.

I'd uninstall Google Play Services and try that. Make sure you disable any apps which you don't use / need in the Application part of Settings.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: anyone having trouble with "mediaserver" and battery drain?

Hey thanks for the reply. It was either play music or play movies. I disabled both and things are fine now. It kind of annoys me cuz I never use those apps. Why they should act up is beyond me.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    DTID