lean towards hot phones or less popular phones?

nexuss00

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I am going to keep my Nexus S(i9020) another one whole year. To be one of the most popular phones, there are many choices of accessory. Already have an extended battery off mpj and several awesome cases from Amazon.

I usually tend to pick up the hot phone when it's time to upgrade. I definitely want to be a part of large community providing more helps.

So which side you lean towards, hot phones or less popular phones?

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I always go for the phones at the top of the food chain. Right now I got a 5s with a Note 3 on the way. I'm set till the iPhone 6 and Note 4 come out 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I am going to keep my Nexus S(i9020) another one whole year. To be one of the most popular phones, there are many choices of accessory. Already have an extended battery off mpj and several awesome cases from Amazon.

I usually tend to pick up the hot phone when it's time to upgrade. I definitely want to be a part of large community providing more helps.

So which side you lean towards, hot phones or less popular phones?
All things being equal, I lean towards hot phones. It is easier to find peripherals for them and they are a lot more likely to see updates.

That being said, I will never own another phone without vanilla Android if I can avoid it. I have tried all the Vendor UIs and I hate all of them. So that kinda limits any future choices.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I lean toward the devices that I deem will fit my uses best and that I feel have the best thought out product design.

I currently use the Moto X because the form factor is perfect, it just snuggles into the hand and is a wonderful phone for one handed use.

It always strives to give me the information I want when I want it through the Active Display or Touchless Controls. Motorola didn't waste resources and money on numbers that don't translate to real benefits in the vast majority of situations, such as the futility of a 1080p screen on a 4.7" device, a quad core CPU when the dual core one performs just as well without needing to be throttled for heat/battery considerations.

The HTC One is not designed to be used by humans. The button layout is absolutely horrendous. I personally feel that while the choice of metal body is chic, it just makes for a heavier phone that's more prone to slipping out of the hand. I can hold my Moto X securely with virtually no pressure due to the size and material while I have to actively grip my friends One to keep ahold of it.

The Samsung phones are just to wide to use one handed securely, they are also so bloated with useless add one and a 1080p screen that the UX actually suffers.

I can go into other phones in why I went with the less popular phone, but I don't think it's necessary.

nessinhaw

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
All things being equal, I lean towards hot phones. It is easier to find peripherals for them and they are a lot more likely to see updates.

That being said, I will never own another phone without vanilla Android if I can avoid it. I have tried all the Vendor UIs and I hate all of them. So that kinda limits any future choices.

me too...only stock Android for me! for now i have a Moto G, which is stock Android with veeery few changes made by Motorola!

but the choices rly limits to Nexus phones, GPE and Moto X (and future Motorola phones if they keep going stock Android)

sent from my Moto G <3